Since its inception in 1886, Coca-Cola has been on the forefront of the soda industry. And now, no matter how much it’s rumored to be bad for us, people just can’t get enough of this fizzy soft drink.

Not only does Coca-Cola taste crisp, but it can also be used for a bunch of other things. Household cleaning? Sure. Body pain? You bet. Doing your hair? Of course. Check out these 11 ways you can use a can of Coca-Cola that will change your life.

Disclaimer: You might reconsider sipping on this drank after reading this. Continue at your own risk.

Clean Your Toilet Bowl

coca-cola

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Believe it or not, toilet cleaner and Coca-Cola contain a few similar ingredients (disgusting, right?) – one being baking soda, which is the key to cleaning your b-room. So if you’re low on cash, grab a can of Coca-Cola and a toilet wand and make your toilet bowl shine like the top of the Chrysler buildling.

Remove Stains (Blood, Milk, Grease) from Clothing

coca-cola

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Along with baking soda, Coca-Cola has a lot of carbonic acid. Carbonic acid (what makes soda fizzy, go figure) is great for getting stains out of fabric. Toss a little Coca-Cola in the wash with your detergent and your clothes will come out fresh and spot-free.

Fade Your Hair Color

coca-cola

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

If you’ve ever gotten your hair done in a hair salon, you know that they don’t always do right by your locks. So in the instance that your hair ends up a few shades darker than you expected, soak your hair in Coca-Cola to make it lighter. Don’t bother throwing another $75 down the drain when you can get a quick fix for 99 cents.

Remove Gum from Your Hair

coca-cola

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Stop cutting chunks of your hair out when you get something sticky caught in it. Let the gum and hair sit in Coca-Cola for a few minutes and then pull the gum out and away from your scalp. The fizziness of Coca-Cola will neutralize the stickiness and this whole nightmare will be behind you.

Remove Grime from Dishes

coca-cola

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

If you’ve neglected to wash your dishes and all hope seems to be lost for ever getting it off, fear not. The fizz in Coca-Cola loosens the grime and makes it way easier to scrub off. Alternatively, let the pot or pan soak in the soda, then throw them in the dishwasher. They’ll come out good as new.

Fight Rust

coca-cola

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Submerge your rusty tools in a container of Coca-Cola to get that metallic shine back. The phosphoric acid in Coca-Cola sets off the corrosion process, which will loosen the rust and make it easy to wipe away.

Clean Your Windows

coca-cola

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

You may have noticed that many household cleaners include citric acid in their ingredients. You know what else has a ton of citric acid in it? Coca-Cola. Wash your dirty windows with some Coca-Cola and a rag.

Make Your Hair Curlier

coca-cola

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

If you’ve got natural curls in your hair that just won’t cooperate, Coca-Cola can give you a hand. Soaking your locks in some Coca-Cola, which is full of phosphoric acid, will activate your cuticles and give your curls the spring you want.

Neutralize Pain from Stings

coca-cola

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Be it a bee sting, jellyfish sting, bug bite, vampire bite, or whatever else gives you a lil’ venom, pouring a can of Coca-Cola on the bite for a steady 30 seconds will help neutralize the pain and reduce swelling.

Defrost Your Windshield

coca-cola

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

If your windshield is as stubborn as mine during the winter, have I got the solution for you. A can of Coca-Cola is about four times cheaper than a bottle of rubbing alcohol. Pour it on, let it sit, scrape it off, and you’re good to go. Who needs anti-freeze, anyway?

Tan Your Skin Faster

coca-cola

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

If you’re not a huge fan of throwing upwards of $50 for a little bottle of tanning lotion, try using Coca-Cola. Yeah, it’ll be a little sticky but no pain no gain, right? Grab an empty squirt bottle from your nearest Walmart and spray whatever parts of your body your trying to tan before going out in the sun.

Sure, the idea of drinking something that can do all of these other things based on its chemical compounds can be a little unnerving. But what it comes down to is that you can do a ton of stuff with a can of Coca-Cola and it will save you loads of cash and time.