Put down that bottle of overpriced face cream and listen to this: it turns out that the yummy herbs that go on our favorite foods can also be used to achieve brighter, cleaner skin. Take rosemary, for example. 

Yup, You Read That Right: Rosemary

Usually, this strong smelling herb is served with chicken, lamb, and other meat dishes as a source of iron and calcium. Teas and other liquid extracts can also be made from fresh or dried rosemary leaves. Rosemary contains substances that improve your health, by stimulating the immune system and improving digestion. But we found another use for it as a skin product.

Using rosemary on your skin will be beneficial in the long run, especially for your face. It contains anti-inflammatory compounds that make it useful for reducing redness and puffiness. Rosemary increases blood flow to the head and brain and is used in aromatherapy practices to boost memory and decrease stress. 

Talk About One Heck of an Herb

Acne scars, sun spots, and any other related discoloration on the face greatly benefit from rosemary’s healing potency. Rosemary neutralizes free radicals that help prevent redness, rashes, and other un-even skin tone issues. This is help brighten your face to give you a radiant complexion. I wish I knew this since day one, rosemary is way cheaper than name-brand beauty products. So I decided to make myself a DIY skin healing scrub out to rosemary, to get the most out of the herb. 

DIY Instructions to Clear Your Complexion:

1. Boil one small pot of water.

2. Sprinkle in some fresh-picked rosemary (amounts vary, but it's ultimately up to you) and let it simmer.

3. Once you have this pine-like, mint essence perfuming your home, set it aside and allow for it to chill for a few minutes. 

4. Splash the chilled rosemary water on a clean face, then allow your face to air-dry. 

5. Enjoy clean skin and a fresh smelling face.