Planned Parenthood. Perhaps you've been, perhaps not. Either way, you've probably heard the name buzzing around the news lately. Even if you've never set foot in a Planned Parenthood or really have a decent understanding of what they do, Planned Parenthood and women's healthcare are hot topics these days.

Why, exactly? Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI), has stated in his plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare), he plans to stop funding for Planned Parenthood.

What does this mean? This means affordable women's (and men's!) healthcare is in jeopardy. Planned Parenthood does a heck of a lot more than ensure access to affordable birth control for people, regardless of their income level.

In addition to providing affordable contraceptive pills and devices, Planned Parenthood functions as a health clinic to provide cancer screenings, breast exams, pap smears, pre- and post- pregnancy care, infertility care, STD testing and family-planning tools to all people, regardless of age, gender, gender-identity, religion, income, or political-affiliation.

This means men and women across the country would be at higher risk of insufficient pre-natal care, botched abortions, untreated STDs, and certain cancers, including testicular, breast, and cervical.

Think we should, as a free and equal society, provide basic healthcare access to people regardless of age, socioeconomic status, races, gender identity, or religion? Then don't just share this article. Actually pick up your cellphone, rally your friends and family, empty out your change jar, and get involved.

You don't need a lot of time or money to make a difference. Small efforts combined can make a huge impact.

1. Educate Yourself

First and foremost, arm yourself with a solid understanding of the issues at stake. Having a thorough understanding will help you make informed decisions, answer questions others may have, and build bridges to help others understand what Planned Parenthood is and why it is important. And remind yourself: 'vagina' and 'breast' are not "four letter words." They're body parts.

Read up on Planned Parenthood on their website, and/or watch this awesome Facebook Live hosted by Planned Parenthood leaders, during which they discuss and detail the attacks on Planned Parenthood, human rights, and healthcare for all.

2. Call Your Senators 

Yup. Pick up your cell phone and leave them a voicemail. I promise it's not as complicated, time-consuming, or as scary as you might think. And calls actually do make a difference. 

Here's how to do it:

1. Look up your senators by name/phone number on this list. The Barackobama.com also has a helpful tool to understand how to do this. Find it here.

2. Call them. Often time you have to wade through some prompts, but you can do this, I promise.

Give your name, explain why you are calling, express your concerns and how this issue will impact the way you vote in the future. Use personal examples if you'd like to show how meaningful it is to you.

You can also call Speaker of the House Paul Ryan's office directly at this number: (202) 225-0600. 

3. Pat yourself on the back for using your phone for something other than Snapchat.

4. Get your friends and family members to call. Because the higher the volume of calls, the more likely the issue will be considered. 

3. Attend an Event Near You

There are tons of  events all over the country gathering volunteers and advocates to exchange ideas, make plans, and above all, rally to show support for Planned Parenthood. The more, the merrier; every person that shows up is another body that can't be ignored. 

You can search for events near you by clicking this link.

4. Get Some Swag

Get a shirt or bumper sticker or whatever may tickle your fancy from Planned Parenthood HQ to proudly show your support for the cause. Link here.

5. Fundraise and/or Donate

If you can afford to make a donation (no matter how big or small), do so. If you can't make one on your own, consider grouping some friends together and holding a fundraising event (whether it be a movie night, bake sale, or whatever else you can come up with, on your campus), to gather some cash monies for Planned Parenthood. 

Link to donate is right here.

6. Stay Politically Active and Involved

Keep making calls, donations, and attending events. It's important to not only build a strong resistance for threats in the immediate future, but to keep the support and advocacy strong every day, week, and month moving forward.

The fight ahead may seem long, heavy, and uphill, but the more we stand together, the greater the impact we can make to ensure the life-saving preventive healthcare Planned Parenthood offers remains available. 

Now pick up your phone! What are you waiting for? #IStandWithPP, do you?