As a 20-something-year-old who is constantly struggling with anxiety, I know how difficult and straight-up disappointing New Years can be. As you're gearing up for a new year, do you have trouble remembering a single noteworthy or bad-ass thing you've accomplished this year? Or like your anxiety has taken the wheel and you can't seem to regain control? 

Your 20's are the time to get out into the world and do some serious self-discovery (and have some fun), and having anxiety can make that tough to deal with. So here are 11 New Year's resolutions to help you make 2017 your b*tch.

1. Take it easy on yourself 

Part of having anxiety is having this negative Nancy in your head constantly telling you that you'll never be enough or that you're not doing it right, whatever "it" may be. Life is already hard enough and living with anxiety makes it even harder. You're dealing with a world full of people who will jump at the first opportunity to call you names or bring you down and a brain that refuses to take your side. So try your best to cut yourself some slack in 2017 and try to remind yourself that you are a f*cking badass!

2. Ask for help when needed

No one likes to admit they need help, but there's no shame in it. Everyone needs a little help at some point or another, and having the strength to admit it and seek out what you need can help make 2017 your best year yet. Sometimes self-help books, meditations, or relaxing exercises just aren't going to be enough and talking to a therapist or a psychologist might be the right call to make. It's 2017 for crying out loud, so screw the stigma around mental illness and don't be afraid to ask for the help you need.

3. Try, try, and try again

Life is a battle and sometimes your anxiety is going try its damndest to get the best of you, but remember that there is nothing wrong with taking a step back and trying again until you get it right. 

4. Eat more yummy food

Eating healthy is definitely important when it comes to mental and physical health, but don't limit yourself. Sixth slice of pizza? Third sushi roll? Go for it. Just remember that everything is fine in moderation. 

5. Ditch the weight tracker and have fun

Love the body you are in and work a little bit harder on self-love this year. Don't mope around starving yourself to look like the supermodels in magazines (even they don't look like that). Stop obsessing over the number on the scale and find an activity or sport you love and have fun with it!

6. Make more lists

Staying on top of your anxiety means being more organized. If I've learned anything about my anxiety in this past year, it's that the more prepared you are the less likely you'll be to have a panic attack. But of course it's only a part of the answer, so making lists and being more organized can help you keep things under control. 

7. Be more daring with your wardrob

If you're not seeing yourself for the dime piece that you are and constantly find yourself wanting to hide behind dark or camouflage-like clothes and denying yourself of all the wonderful cuts, colors, and patterns available, stop right this second. We'll have none of that in 2017! Wear what makes you feel good, always.

8. Diversify the heck out of your feed

This year I took the time to read Jes Baker, aka The Militant Baker's, "Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls: A Handbook for Unapologetic Living" and learned so many valuable lessons about body image and body love. One of the things that stuck with me the most was the importance of diversifying your social media feeds.

The idea is that we spend so much time on social media watching and following lots of harmless things, so be sure to have a healthy dose of positivity and diversity on your Insta or Twitter feed. Seek the mental health or body positive social media accounts that can serve as small reminders to do what's best for your mental health every day. 

9. Go on more adventures

Save up for that trip you've always wanted to go on. Even if it takes you all of college to save up, start planning now and go for it. Grab some pasta in Italy or some dim sum in China. While you're at it, grab us some kimchi from South Korea.

10. Make new friends

Hands down one of the hardest parts of having anxiety is the feeling of isolation. Look into some anxiety support groups or dare yourself to talk to that one chill person who sits next to you in class every Tuesday and Thursday. I know your mind (and possibly your heart rate) will be racing over all the worst case scenarios, but the best things often happen outside of your comfort zone. Take a page out of Nike's book and just do it! Odds are you'll be glad that you did.

11. Speak more light into yourself and others

The world is filled with people who will jump at the first opportunity to tear you down in an attempt to pull themselves up. If anything, don't do their work for them. Sometimes you need to be your own cheerleader, so speak some positivity into your life! Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself "I am pretty, I am smart, I am awesome, and I will be alright." Sometimes a little can go a long way.

With 2016 being such a sh*t show, use these resolutions (or mold your own based on my suggestions) to help make 2017 one of your best years yet.