On occasion, there are times in our life that might feel worse than others. However, it doesn't have to be dealt with alone. If friends or family don't feel like the correct approach for you, try a hotline. 

There are a variety of hotlines for different situations available. They can range from depression, domestic violence or any kind of general crisis. It's important that someone is there to listen and these hotlines are here to help.

1. Dating Abuse and Domestic Violence

loveisrespect: 1-866-331-9474

loveisrespect focuses on young adult relationships and hopes to end dating abuse. loveisrespect offers 24/7 help.

2. Depression and Suicide

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (24/7)

The Trevor Project: 866-488-7386 (24/7)

The Trevor Project offers support to the LGBTQ young adult community. Both of the hotlines provided offer 24/7 help.

There are also suicide hotlines specific to your area.

3. Eating Disorder Hotline

National Eating Disorder Association: 1-800-931-2237

NEDA offers help to a variety of eating disorders and hopes to "envision a world without eating disorders." NEDA is available Monday through Thursday, from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (EST).

4. General Crisis

Crisis Text Line: Text SUPPORT to 741-741

The Crisis Text Line extends to everyone. Their goal "...is helping people move from a hot moment to a cool calm, guiding you to create a plan to stay safe and healthy. YOU = our priority." 24/7 help is available.

5. Mental Illness Hotline

National Alliance on Mental Illness: 1-800-950-6264

NAMI provides treatment options and programs. They wish to "raise awareness and provide support and education that was not previously available to those in need." The NAMI hotline is available every Monday through Friday, from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.

6. Sexual Assault Hotline

Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network: 1-800-656-4673

RAINN is the "nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization."  Their goal is to provide options and programs to victims, in addition to finding ways of preventing sexual violence. RAINN offers 24/7 help.

7. Veterans Crisis Line

Veterans Association: 1-800-273-8255

The VA's focus is to help veterans of all ages adjust to the transition of coming back, in addition to helping with any mental health issues or relationships. The VA offers 24/7 help

beer, pizza
Jami Harrison

It's important to understand that there is always someone there to listen. So, if you're struggling with an issue of your own, don't be afraid to reach out and ask for help.

Hotlines are available for contacting as much as feels necessary. They are also free and can provide texting and live chat services if a different approach is preferred. Additionally, all calls offer confidentiality. 

In case of any kind of emergency or immediate action that is required, please call 911 or the correct emergency number for your location.