Along with Spoon University, Buzzfeed Food, Tastemade, and Tasty are a few other media outlets that document individuals’ encounters with food. Tastemade has a particularly interesting series on Youtube about two men who travel and eat at 24 restaurants in 24 hours.

So, I decided to attempt this seemingly impossible feat by adding my own little twist.  As college students, throwing down an average of ten dollars or more for a meal is pushing it, but for 24 meals?  So over the span of three days, I went to 13 restaurants and cafes in and around Atlanta, GA.

Food Itinerary:

Day 1:

atlanta

Photo by Kristian Ko

12:30 pm– After a late start to the day, a local friend of mine and I headed to a small cafe for some much needed caffeine.  Land of a Thousand Hills is a small franchise that has a couple of locations around America.

atlanta

Photo by Kristian Ko

1:30 pm– Everybody loves a little bit of fusion, right?  Imagine Mexican and Korean all bundled into one plate of deliciousness.  That is exactly what Takorea has to offer.

atlanta

Photo by Kristian Ko

3:30 pm– After a nice walk around the area, we headed to Cafe Intermezzo.  If you like snazzy cafes, this is the place for you.  This European-inspired cafe offers many assorted cakes, coffees, and spirits.

atlanta

Photo by Kristian Ko

8:30 pm– After debating on where to head to next, we decided seafood was the best way to go.  Located in the Historic Roswell district, Zest is a lively seafood restaurant with great people and great food.

atlanta

Photo by Kristian Ko

9:30 pmRoswell Provisions was the last stop of the day. This cafe is especially interesting because it combines American and European aspects; there’s even a deli market!

Day 2:

atlanta

Photo by Kristian Ko

10:30 am– My friend’s brother works at Sugar Benders, so we decided to stop by for breakfast. This bakery specializes in crazy, over the top cakes. Something one might see on Food Network’s Wedding Cake Challenge.

atlanta

Photo by Kristian Ko

12:30 pm – Because I couldn’t go a weekend without good ramen, we went to Raku for lunch. This ramen eatery, owned by native Koreans, offers traditional Japanese-style ramen with subtle Korean flavors.

atlanta

Photo by Kristian Ko

2:00 pm– Now if you like crazy sweet, crazy delicious Korean-style baked goods; Cafe Mango Six is the best place to go. Right as you walk in, there’s a huge display case that holds a replica of each specialized drink and baked good.

atlanta

Photo by Kristian Ko

7:30 pm– Just like good ramen, I occasionally need my fix of good Thai food. Red Curry Thai was a cute little hideaway with simple decor and dim lighting. But the food was far from simple. Instead it was complex with delicious flavors, full of spices and seasonings.

atlanta

Photo by Kristian Ko

9:00 pm– On a sweeter note, we decided to end the night with coffee and dessert.  Sweet Hut is a Chinese-inspired bakery & cafe. This place is one of the more popular places to get desserts, the line was at least 50 people long.

Day 3:

atlanta

Photo by Kristian Ko

11:00 am– For my last breakfast in GA we decided to go to a traditional New York style deli, Bagelicious. Just as the name indicates, bagels, eggs, toast, and every other delicious breakfast food one could think of is listed on the menu for enjoyment.

2:00 pm– My friend insisted we stop by Rhea’s because it had “the best burgers ever.” And boy was she right. The restaurant was very small, but the food was so good, that aspect could be overlooked. This was probably the best choice for my last full meal in Atlanta.

atlanta

Photo by Kristian Ko

3:00 pm– In preparation for the drive back, we sought out a much needed caffeine boost. After many wrong turns and missed exits, we finally arrived at Coffee Bianco.  Promoting healthy eating and relaxation, this cafe was the perfect end to my weekend-long journey.

After hours of driving and probably gaining at least 10 pounds, I can confidently say I am now an honorary Atlanta local… Well, when food is involved that is.