Coffee. The most dangerous word in the English language. What makes it so dangerous? The ADDICTION. We love it, we need it, it makes our day go round. However, it isn’t just the taste and the caffeine that we love about coffee, but coffee shops themselves. They are a home away from home and everyone is on the hunt to find their perfect coffee shop. To help you, we’ve found some of the best coffee shops in America. Get started on your road trip plans right now, because there’s no better excuse than coffee.

1. Street Bean Coffee: Seattle, WA

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of morselseattle.com

With minimalist decor, an abundance of natural lighting, wood tables, and comfy chairs, Street Bean Coffee is a go-to for Seattle natives. Street Bean also employs young adults trying to exit homelessness, while teaching them to serve excellent coffee.

2. Culture Espresso: New York City, NY

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of sideways.nyc

A more modern and unique twist on the coffee shop environment. Adorned with art and a chandelier, Culture Espresso still presents a relaxed atmosphere and is popular among townies and tourists. Not to mention the chocolate chip cookies are to die for and with your favorite espresso drink, you are basically in coffee shop heaven.

3. Boxcar Coffee Roasters: Boulder, CO

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of @boxcarcoffeeroasters

As a current student in Boulder, I can vouch that this coffee shop is the bomb.com. They have a special high altitude brewing method that makes the coffee delicious and it has the perfect Boulder “hipster” touch.

4. Glanville and Babinski: Los Angeles, CA

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of gandbcoffee.com

Located inside in the historic Grand Central Market in downtown Los Angeles, Glanville and Babinski is a trendy caffeine destination. Charles Babinski, the owner, won his second Southwest Regional Barista Competition title in 2015, proving the high caliber of coffee they provide.

5. Barista Parlor: Nashville, TN

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Barista Parlor is known for their creative menu and aesthetic presentation, yet casual atmosphere. With drinks such as Whiskey Caramel Latte and Bourbon Vanilla Latte, they are sure to give you a new experience. Word on the street is that it is a perfect place to study or go on a date. Boys, take notes.

6. Houndstooth Coffee: Austin,TX

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of dailycoffeenews.com

A beautiful and unique cafe with the finest detail and attention put into their coffee. They have a nice outdoor patio for those that would like to get their tan on and you are always greeted by smiling faces. Houndstooth serves the finest in coffee, tea, beer, wine and pastries, so all you over 21’ers don’t have to settle for just the coffee life.

7. Bull Run Coffee Bar: Minneapolis, MN

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of @chriskpk_ on Instagram

Bull Run Coffee Bar is for anyone, whether you are a casual coffee drinker or a coffee snob. They have an awesome loyalty program which is a major plus because everyone likes to be rewarded for their addiction. Don’t lie. The shop is also a great meeting space with lots of tables, chairs, and outlets.

8. Intelligentsia Coffeebar: Chicago, IL

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

According to their website, “Intelligentsia wants great coffee to be revered, yet democratic, approachable and accessible. By illuminating what is possible with coffee, they hope to change forever how you think about it.” The way they make coffee is an art form and people from all over the world put it on their list as a must try.

9. Lux Coffee Bar: Phoenix, AZ

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of brooketweathersby.wordpress.com

Known for it’s amazing latte art, you can find students studying, coffee lovers getting their fix, and locals grabbing lunch at the Lux. Apparently the breakfast is drool worthy too.

10. Sightglass Coffee: San Francisco, CA

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of inhabitat.com

Sightglass is a rustic coffee shop environment, worthy of the perfect Instagram, ladies. People rave about the Vanilla Cold Brew, the talented and friendly baristas, and the space to meet with friends. Add this to the list for your next San Fran adventure.

11. La Colombe Coffee: Philadelphia, PA

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of sprudge.com

Whether you want to get a coffee to-go, sit and enjoy one in the shop, or grab some coffee beans to brew at home, La Colombe is calling your name. They have drool worthy pastries and are known for furthering the coffee addiction. Don’t live in Philly? That is A-Okay. You can order their coffee beans online!

12. Barismo: Cambridge (Boston), MA

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of sprudge.com

Barismo offers a calm and peaceful atmosphere, while giving you the best quality coffee. They focus specifically on “building long-term relationships with innovative coffee producers, bringing a deep understanding of our coffees to the roasting process, and pioneering the future of coffee brewing.” That is some serious commitment to coffee. Must try if you live in the Boston area.

13. Panther Coffee: Miami, FL

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of thecoffeecompass.com

Calling all Florida locals and vacationers! This is said to be the best coffee in South Florida. The shop has an extensive list of coffee beans from all over the world to choose from, so its like traveling the world one coffee at a time. Can you say global traveler? There is plenty of outdoor seating in case you were wanting a tan, or for the unlucky a sunburn, with your coffee.

14. Colectivo Coffee: Milwaukee, WI

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of careofmke.com

First off, they have swings outside, so you can let your inner kid self fly. Literally. Collectivo is an all around solid coffee experience. It is a nice atmosphere, excellent coffee, good customer service, and yummy options for all those decaf people out there including smoothies and hot chocolate.

15. Black Tap Coffee: Charleston, SC

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of paperdolltales.com

Black Tap is just like anything in Charleston, trendy and awesome. The space is small and personable with wood and metal industrial chic interior design. If you’re feeling adventurous try a unique drink like the Iced Lavender Latte, but you can’t go wrong with any choice you make.

16. Cafe Jonah: Atlanta, GA

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of gafollowers.com

Cafe Jonah is the perfect little spot for coffee with a friend or a fabulous pastry. They give back to the community every Sunday by donating 10% of their sales to local charities, and making your purchase a little more meaningful. Attached to the shop is The Magical Attic that is filled with books, candles, and even psychics. How. Freaking. Cool.

17. Aromas Coffeehouse: Omaha, NE

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of thefilter.coffee

Aromas, located in The Old Market, is a nice spacious shop with nice seating, and the good-ole exposed brick coffee shop decor that everyone loves. Their coffee is a people pleaser and they have lots of sweet treats to choose from!

18. SteamDot Coffee: Anchorage, AK

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of steamdot.com

Steam Dot promises to deliver the freshest coffee, never allowing coffee to sit exposed, and you can tell. The coffee has a smooth, rich flavor and their efficient and friendly service is even better. It’s definitely a popular caffeine escape for local Alaskans, and should be on your list to stop at.

19. Sambalatte: Las Vegas, NV

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of montecarlo.com

Located inside the Monte Carlo, Sambalatte offers specialty lattes such as the Rose Pedal Latte and Soy Nutella Latte. Can you say “yes please?” To most, Monte Carlo is an oasis from the crazy vegas strip, and the perfect hangover cure for those who let Vegas get the best of them.

20. Water Avenue Coffee: Portland, OR

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

If that awesome lit up sign doesn’t draw you to this coffee shop, I don’t know what will. Water Avenue is known for being one of the best local roasters in Portland. They provide a great coffee ambience, healthy snack options, and for all you vegans out there, their vegan drinks are very popular!

21. The Wydown Coffee Bar: Washington, D.C.

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of popville.com

The Wydown Coffee Bar is known for being the happiest coffee shop in D.C. I mean look at it, its picturesque. Their baked goods are made in-house, ensuring they will be extra fresh, and the coffee is a must try for espresso lovers. Wydown is another must-hit for road trip stops.

22. Publik Coffee Roasters: Salt Lake City, UT

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of slugmag.com

Publik “believes in quality over quantity, community over corporate, planet over profit, and sweating the small and the big stuff.” What more could you want from a coffee company? It is an open and hip space, useful for reading, working, or conversing. The avocado toast they make is amazing, so get your Insta caption ready.

23. Madcap Coffee: Grand Rapids, MI

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Madcap Coffee is a favorite in Michigan. The shop has an industrial atmosphere with exposed brick, high ceilings, and contemporary furniture. The staff and coffee drinks are top notch and its the perfect place to stop in during the chilly Michigan days!

24. Addiction Coffeehouse: New Orleans, LA

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of addictioncoffeehouse.com

The first thing that stands out about Addiction Coffeehouse is the logo. They replaced a man, woman, and dog’s head with a coffee cup, perfectly depicting how coffee lovers feel 24/7. It has a nice, comfy, and small atmosphere. Their most popular drink is the Miss Tracy’s Addiction Special in which espresso is made with coconut milk, honey, and cayenne pepper.

25. Cocoa Cinnamon: Durham, NC

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of triangleexplorer.com

Cocoa and Cinnamon was a once service station, turned into the best coffee shop atmosphere. On nice days, the garage doors are opened, sun shines in, and picnic tables are available. The menu is expansive, and it is the perfect way to cheer yourself up.