November’s here and Thanksgiving is arriving as quickly as the speed that you can mercilessly stuff your face at the dinner table until you fade into a turkey/tryptophan induced nap. But seriously, nothing else matters (not even John Snow) in comparison to the premiere of The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part II.

For all I know, you’re probably tearing up because it’s almost all over. Well, as all good things must come to an end (Thanksgiving leftovers don’t last forever), we have to say goodbye to Panem and all its weirdly spunky glamour and relentless violence. Trust me, you’ll want to get the most out of the movie and Katniss, Gale, and Peetah’s awkward teenage love triangle, so why not watch it with a little bit of a twist?

Wouldn’t it be more exciting to watch the girl on fire while throwing back some fireball? What about getting hammered with Haymitch? Be careful with that one though, he’s a heavy weight.   

Let the games begin, volunteer your liver as tribute, and may the alcohol be ever in your favor:

Take a sip when:

drinking

• Katniss shoots an arrow: take a sip, hit or miss.
  • A mockingjay symbol appears: everyone drink once and if this symbol doesn’t fill you with hope, drink again.
  • Katniss yells either Peeta or Gale’s names: count how many seconds the yell lasts, and drink for that amount of time. 
  • Someone says “hunger games”: after saying “may the odds forever be in your favor,” take a double sip.

Take a gulp when:

drinking

• Someone makes a three finger salute: while holding the three finger salute high above your head, take a large gulp. 
  • There’s an explosion: depending on how long the explosion lasts, gulp accordingly. 
  • Someone is wounded but not killed: everyone must cheer for the characters’ survival obnoxiously, then drink.
  • Someone cries: waterfall until the camera moves away from their teary-eyed face.
  • A white rose is shown: everyone drink once.

Take a shot when:

drinking

• Haymitch drinks or mentions drinking: raise your cup in the air, yell a hearty “cheers” to Haymitch, and take a shot.
  • Characters kiss: the romance is in the air, everyone take a shot in celebration.
  • Someone gets killed: in synchrony, everyone must whistle the mockingjay song and then take a shot.

Shotgun a beer if/when:

drinking

• President Snow Dies: ~if this happens~ shotgun a beer like it’s the last thing you’ll ever drink in honor of those who sacrificed their life.  

What are you waiting for? Stock up on your favorite liquor, stuff it in your bag, and head over to the movie theatre for the premiere. Just remember to buy your tickets in advance because teenage girls are flocking to that premiere faster than you can say “mockingjay.”