There is no doubt about it: People are more obsessed with food now than ever before. We order it to our homes, travel to food trucks, pine after reservations, and even try to recreate some of the most popular items at the moment.

There are food festivals, like Smorgasburg, in New York City, which cater to the obsessive food lovers, of which, I admit I am one. The Instagram community and technology is also flooded with people snapping pictures of their #EEEEEATS and sharing every single thing they consume.

technology

Photo courtesy of kellysiewcooks.com.

Services are developing throughout the country that adhere the needs of people who want the newest, best, and trendiest foods. For example, SOLD Inc. is a company that has people stand in line for you for twenty-five dollars for the first hour and ten dollars for each subsequent thirty-minute period. It’s so worth it to finally get your hands on a cronut. 

technology

Photo courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

Also, the growing company Postmates helps the people who crave some of the most sought after dishes. Essentially, Postmates is a messenger service where you enter any restaurant or store in within participating cities and what you’d like to order. A messenger goes to the restaurant, picks up your food, and delivers it to you. There is a delivery charge, but it is rarely more than fifteen dollars.

While there is a hefty subscription fee (one-thousand dollars per year), it can get you any reservation, no matter how exclusive. Although just in New York City now, Today’s Epicure caters to the elite, cultured, and hungry people who want to try the best restaurants.

The company’s creator, Pascal Riffaud, shared some inside information with me. It offers members access to reservations at some of the most sought after reservations in NYC. Reservations are listed on our site and app 15 days prior to the date up to 5pm the same day. You are, in this way, paying Today’s Epicure to get you into the hottest spots in New York City. This service is just another way people will do just about anything to eat just about anything.

technology

Photo courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

The food scene is comprised of two groups of people, “Those who need to go to the newest spot as soon as it opens, even if the place is bad, simply because they need to be able to say they have been there”  and “the real foodies.” The latter “cares less about the latest spot and just want to eat well and have a good time.”

technology

Photo courtesy of newyork.com

It is safe to say that food is more sought after, photographed, and admired than ever before. Companies like SOLD Inc, Postmates, and Today’s Epicure allow you to indulge in the food you love, admire, and can’t wait to try. So, if you’re in love (nay, are obsessed with) food, try out one of these services. They will not disappoint.