College students have never had a reputation for classy drinking habits. However, there are some nights when you’re out of soda and must resort to especially desperate methods of making cheap shots more bearable. These are the most shameful makeshift mixers and chasers to which Colgate students admitted.

Melted popsicles

Chasers

Photo by Julia Benson

Put the popsicle in a cup, microwave it, and throw in some cheap vodka for a drink that will whisk you right back to childhood. I actually don’t suggest trying this one and it probably would have been more pleasant to just take a straight shot. So on second thought, just make homemade alcoholic popsicles for a much less cringe-worthy method of enjoying popsicles and alcohol together.

Cookie Dough

Chasers

Photo by Julia Benson

Chasing your shot with cookie dough is an efficient way to get some carbs in your stomach before a night of drinking. If want to class up the cookie/alcohol pairing a bit, make cookie shot glasses and fill with Bailey’s.

Emergen-C

Chasers

Photo by Ari Richman

Take a shot of vodka and then a shot of Emergen-C. That’s one way to make drinking healthier? I also have a friend who poured Emergen-C directly into the shot but if you’re going that route, you might as well make it into a cocktail with this recipe.

Chasers

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Frozen Candy Bars

Chasers

Photo by Julia Benson

Cut the bite of a shot with a bite of Hershey’s. Or even better, combine chocolate and alcohol in a boozy dessert.

Apples

Chasers

Photo by Julia Benson

I’ve heard of people chasing cheap shots with various fruits. You can even tell yourself that the nutrients in the apple totally counteract the negative effects of alcohol on your health. Just close your eyes, pretend you’re only drinking hard cider and that rubbing alcohol-esque vodka will go down smooth.

Vodka-Soaked Gummy Bears

Chasers

Photo courtesy of lovethispic.com

Another revamped childhood classic. Check out these creative boozy gummy ideas to upgrade the classic, cheap vodka infused gummy bears.

Chasers

Coffee

Chasers

Photo by Julia Benson

The idea of using coffee as a mixer was initially a bit off-putting, but coffee can actually make a great drink (Irish coffee, anyone?). The combo of fireball and iced coffee was also surprisingly delicious, and you get a caffeine boost to keep you going all night longer. Just be careful not to curdle the milk.

Other Alcohol

Chasers

We all know now that the old saying “Liquor before beer, in the clear” isn’t actually true. Mixing different types of alcohol tends to just make it harder to pace yourself and it’s even worse if you’re throwing them all in one cup. Besides, I’ve never felt like more of an alcoholic than when chasing shots with other alcohol or pouring vodka into my mixed drink (or even my champagne…).

So if you find yourself chasing a shot with cold, leftover pizza this weekend and start questioning your life decisions, just know you’re not alone. Clearly many college students have resorted to worse and we still have a few more years before we have to get classy.

Chasers