Summer is here and we’ve been dieting ever since we got home from school in order to convince our home friends that the freshman (sophomore, junior and senior) fifteen didn’t get to us. Our bikini bods are ready, but we mistakenly eat an Instagram-able bagel before hitting the beach. And suddenly, the bloating sets in and ruins our hard-earned bikini bod.

Have no fear; this can be avoided. Try these 12 foods before your next pool party to keep that bloat away.

1. Bananas

bloat

Photo by Delissa Handoko

We’re looking to relieve our water weight here and the fiber and potassium in bananas will do the trick. Grab one on your way to the beach and you’re good to go.

2. Cantaloupe

bloat

Photo by Katie Fletcher

This perfect pool-side snack has potassium and is pretty much anti-bloating. It’s also low in calories and high in water content so, eat up!

3. Grainy bread

bloat

Photo Courtesy of nutripromag.com

You thought bread was Satan, didn’t you? Think again. The fiber in grainy bread will keep you full for hours.

4. Avocados

bloat

Photo by Samantha Thayer

Do I even have to give you another reason to eat more avocados?

5. Oatmeal

bloat

Photo by Gabby Phi

Fiber, fiber, fiber: no bloating but you’ll still feel plenty full.

6. Fatty fish (Salmon, Mackerel)

bloat

Photo by Yonatan Soler

Filled with structural fats, as opposed to storage fats, these fish are the perfect dinner because they are less likely to be stored as fat where you want your abs to be.

7. Cucumbers

bloat

Photo by Lynden Orr

These babies are natural diuretics. This means that excess water weight (aka bloating) gets flushed out the more cucumbers you eat.

8. Berries

bloat

Photo by Hannah Lin

Throw them in your acai bowl to be basic and fulfill your daily dosage of fiber.

9. Watermelon

bloat

Photo by Tess Wei

The ultimate summer food and the ultimate way to stay full since it is packed with water.

10. Almonds

bloat

Photo by Stephanie Lee

Instead of snacking on chips and pretzels, have a handful of almonds to keep you full all day.

11. Eggs

bloat

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Eat these for breakfast and you’ll be able to say “no” to the ice cream offered to you later…maybe.

12. Shrimp

bloat

Photo by Bernard Wen

Very low cal, very high-protein. Bring it on.

Information from Red Book Magazine and Health.com.