To commemorate its 40th season, Saturday Night Live‘s cast and crew have put together a three-hour anniversary special, premiering live this Sunday at 8 pm on NBC. You heard right: this week, SNL is on Sunday. It’s going to be so legendary that they wanted to make sure that whatever weekend debauchery you have planned wouldn’t interfere. So you have no excuse for missing it, gross couple sitting on the same side of the table during Valentine’s Day dinner.

We at Spoon want you to be properly prepared, so we’ve rounded up 40 delicious boozy recipes and 40 classic skits to help you get in the zone. Treat yourself to one or all of them, and get psyched for a night of comedy 40 years in the making. Live from New York, it’s… SUNDAY NIGHT.

1. Birthday Cake Shots

snl

Photo by Steven Baboun

It may be SNL‘s 40th birthday, but after knocking back a few of these babies you’ll be saying happy birthday to the ground.

snl

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

2. Patriotic Punch

snl

Photo by Abigail Wilkins

This delicious drink rocks the red, white and blue almost as well as Will Ferrell and his patriotic underwear.

snl

Gif courtesy of cashmerechains.com

3. 2-Ingredient White Russian

snl

Photo by Phoebe Melnick

Sarah Palin may be able to see Russia from her house, but you’ll be able to see this White Russian from the comfort of your couch. Get the recipe here.

snl

Gif courtesy of ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com

4. New Orleans Hurricane Cocktail

snl

Photo by Abigail Wilkins

Want to party like the Cajun ManThis recipe should send you well on your way to “intoxicatión.”

5. Boozy Smoothies

snl

Photo by Megan Prendergast

If you live a dramatic, on-the-go life like the Californians, these bougie drinks are portable enough for you to drink while you take the 10, then switch over to the 405 North all the way up to Mulholland.

snl

Gif courtesy of reactiongifs.com

6. The Adult Root Beer Float

snl

Photo by Amanda Gajdosik

Not a big drinker? This spiked version of the classic kid’s treat is the perfect first introduction to the world of drunk adulthood. It’s like the Bar Mitzvah of cocktails. Mazel tov, Jacob.

snl

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

7. The Costco Margarita

snl

Photo by Katherine Richter

The ingredients in this drink are so cheap and simple that you’ll be as excited about your purchases as the Target Lady.

snl

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

8. The Raspberry Mo(m)jito

snl

Photo by Vedika Luther

For all you hot, beautiful moms out there: make this Sunday a night of comfort, relaxation and giving up. Throw on your Mom Jeans and treat yo’self to this decadent fruity cocktail.

snl

Gif courtesy of reactiongifs.com

9. Simple Valentine’s Day Sipper

snl

Photo by Adam Weiss

This Valentine’s Day, don’t get your girl a diamond ring; that sort of gift don’t mean anything. Get her something from the heart… Or make her this equally classy drink while watching SNL.

snl

10. Drunk Hot Chocolate

snl

Photo by Emma Danbury

This mulled hot chocolate wine is perfect for an intimate night of watching SNL while cozying up to your brownie husband.

snl

Gif courtesy of nbcsnl.tumblr.com

11. Pudding Shots

snl

Photo by Katie Mullen

Warning: these shots taste so good, you’ll forget they’re alcoholic. Take a few too many, and you might get the urge to cause a ruckus. Knock, knock, who’s there? You’re drunk. Shorry.

snl

Gif courtesy of nbcsnl.tumblr.com

12. Pumpkin Pie Martini

snl

Photo by Meredith Marcus

Perpetually in a Thanksgiving state of mind? This recipe is for all of you who love to eat the turkey.

13. Maple Bourbon Apple Cider

snl

Photo by Phoebe Melnick

If you’re tuning in from Boston (like me), a steaming cup of this spiked cidah may be the ultimate cure to your Snowpocalypse woes. And hey—say hi to your mothah for me.

snl

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

14. White Wine Spritzer

snl

Photo by Margaret Weinberg

This glass of economical ratchet champagne is definitely the drink of choice of the girl you wish you hadn’t started a conversation with at a party. People need to like, wake up to the beauty of this drink.

snl

Gif courtesy of crushable.com

15. Skittles-Infused Vodka

snl

Photo by Sarah Strong

A few shots of this cheery, colorful liquor would even make Debbie Downer smile. Learn how here.

snl

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

16. Ultimate Jungle Juice

snl

Photo by Laura Jogani

Throwing an SNL-themed rager? Serve a wild concoction worthy of Wayne and Garth. Party on, ya’ll. Schwing!

snl

17. The Strawberry Bellini

snl

Photo by Marissa Arnett

Whip up this fruity cocktail and make a toast to the strong, independent funny women of SNL. Bitches get stuff done.

snl

Gif courtesy of reactiongifs.com

18. The Ultimate Bloody Mary

snl

Photo by Hannah Lin

Sometimes, you just need a drink as convoluted and bloody as the medical practices of Theodoric the Medieval Barber. Get the details here.

19. Blackberry Gin Fizz

snl

Photo by Daniel Schuleman

If you’re like Dooneese, you’ll absolutely love the bubbles in this drink. Just put it in a glass small enough for your tiny hands.

snl

Gif courtesy of fashionista.com

20. The Fireball Mimosa

snl

Photo by Libby Perold

No one can resist Fireball, just like no one can resist Schweddy Balls. Mmm… Balls. Get your mouth around it here.

snl

Gif courtesy of yahooscreen.tumblr.com

21. Candy Corn Jell-O Shots

snl

Photo by Kathleen Lee

As Morgan’s gorgeous song says, “My mom took me to the grocery store, and everything was candy corns.” Live the Girlfriend Talk Show dream with these shots.

snl

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

22. Deep Fried Tequila Shots

snl

Photo by Natalie Choy

Having yourself a Lazy Sunday? Instead of reaching for Pibb and Red Vines, let these edible shots cure your munchies.

snl

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

23. Limoncello

snl

Photo by Savannah Carter

Get a little fancy with this lemon liqueur. Its sweet and sour flavors are as harmonious and authentically Italian as the dulcet tones of Weekend Update’s very own Opera Man.

24. Home-Brewed Mead

snl

Photo by Parsa Lotfi

In five easy steps, you’ll be able to get yourself drunk Game of Thrones/Middle-Earth style. Learn to brew this ancient beverage here.

snl

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

25. Honeydew Mojitos

snl

Photo by Christin Urso

We may be living through a Snowpocalypse, but this summery cocktail will make you feel like you’re king of the world, on a boat like Leo. So get your swim trunks and your flippie-floppies.

snl

Gif courtesy of sundownercruises.rezdy.com

26. Vin Chaud

snl

Photo by Daniel Schuleman

This wintertime European staple is so delicious that even Jebediah Atkinson couldn’t hate on it. Get wine wasted here.

snl

Gif courtesy of buzzfeed.com

27. Basic Jell-O Shots

snl

Photo by Margaret Weinberg

They’re so fun and easy to make, you’ll never want to stop. But you’ll have plenty of time for these shots when you’re living in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER.

snl

Gif courtesy of entertainmentearth.com

28. 2-Ingredient Grapefruit Mimosas

snl

Photo by Kelly Logan

Finally, a cocktail effortlessly classy and majestic enough for a party at Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s house. Bow down to the recipe here.

29. Watermelon Margarita

snl

Photo by Lauren Kaplan

This cocktail may look sweet and innocent on the outside, but it packs a mean punch. This one’s for all you crazy chicks and badass bitches.

snl

Gif courtesy of Google User Michael H. Mouse

30. 3-Ingredient Strawberry Sunrise Shots

snl

Photo by Kelly Logan

Quit sobbing over your Svedka shot and try this fruity beauty instead. It’s psychedelic, groovy and potent enough to make even Robin Gibb talk it up.

snl

Gif courtesy of pixgood.com

31. The Ultimate Holiday Sangria

snl

Photo by Kelly Redfield

It’s never too early to start celebrating the holidays. So put on your yarmulke, because it’s time for… Sangria. Get the recipe here.

snl

Gif courtesy of nbcsnl.tumblr.com

32. Boozy Negroni

snl

Photo by Felice Segall

Having the whole fam over for your SNL viewing party? Never fear! This incredibly potent cocktail is strong enough to knock out even your drunk uncle.

snl

Gif courtesy of Tumblr

33. Spiked Sweet Tea

snl

Photo by Clark Halpern

This refreshing Southern staple will transport your party to the veranda of an old plantation, where you’ll sip your drinks and share embarrassing stories about Colonel Angus.

34. Cider Sangria

snl

Photo by Andre Li

A classy fall recipe that combines red wine, brandy and cider? Sounds like it’s time to bring it on down to Liquorville.

snl

Gif courtesy of nbcsnl.tumblr.com

35. Red Wine Smoothie

snl

Photo by Savannah Carter

Wanna be just the right mixture of classy and hot mess? Be our guest, be our guest. If you spill a lil’ of this boozy smoothie on yourself, it’s “whatever.”

snl

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

36. The Kahlua Gunshot

snl

Photo by Katya Simkhovich

There’s no mo’ better way to deal with your deeply-rooted issues or a ticking time bomb than pounding this action-packed shot of Kahlua and ice cream. MACGRUBER.

snl

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

37. Lemon Sorbet Champagne Cocktail

snl

Photo by Dylan Barth

A special occasion such as this calls for a drink with a twist as awesome and reliably enjoyable as a surprise Justin Timberlake cameo. Check it out here.

snl

38. The South Side

snl

Photo by Julia Murphy

This minty cousin of the mojito may have been a favorite of the Chicago gangsters during the Prohibition era. So drink up, throw on a pair of soulful shades, and put on a Blues Brothers-style performance.

snl

Gif courtesy of reddit.com

39. Shrub

snl

Photo by Julia Murphy

New York’s hottest club is Drunk Alone On Your Couch. It has everything: rogue crumbs from that night you ate cookies straight off your lap, a hairball from a cat you don’t even own, the faint lingering scent of resignation and this cocktail from colonial America. Stefon approves.

snl

Gif courtesy of reactiongifs.com

40. Roasted Marshmallow Shot Glasses

snl

Photo by Tiare Brown

Where the hell were these unreal Kahlua shots while we were making an endless amount of friendship bracelets at sleepaway camp?!? The only thing missing is… Wait for it… S’MORE COWBELL.

snl

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Still a little too sober? These articles should do the trick: