The Spoon Choice Awards are given to eateries in college towns for providing the most delicious food and inviting environments to students in the area. All of the winners are chosen by college students at universities around the country. 

If a university doesn’t have a nearby strip of bars featuring wild shot specials, fruity drink deals, and funny mixologists at work, is it even a proper college town or city? Going out in jeans and a nice top with your new college besties is a rite of passage, even if it’s freezing cold and your Uber is late. From celebrating 21st birthdays with Moscow mules and Corona Extras in hand, all the way to taking selfies in the graffiti-covered, stickered-up, way-too-small bathroom, it’s fair to say that some of the best college memories are made at the bar. (And if they’re not “the best,” they’re still usually incredibly memorable moments.)

College students from across the country shared their go-to watering holes, pubs, and dives where they can grab a quick hard seltzer, a huge fishbowl cocktail, and colorful shots that sounded good at night but hurt in the morning. Whether your preferred drinks include a simple vodka cranberry or rum and coke, or you find yourself seeking an elevated negroni or espresso martini, you’re sure to find all of these and more at these Spoon Choice Award-winning college bars. 

Click on the map above to check out all the winners.

#SpoonTip: Drinking can be fun, but be responsible. Spoon does not promote binge or underage drinking. Stay safe!

Design by Spoon University

Seagrape Cafe, Fairfield, CT

Seagrape Cafe is a beach bar, meaning you have to have some fruity tropical drinks. From frozen margaritas to tequila sunrises and Malibu Bay breezes, you can toast to a lovely night on the coast. 

Nominated by Fairfield University

Loretta's Last Call, Boston, MA

There's a little piece of Southern country goodness in the heart of Boston. Grab a whiskey and liquor flight before you hit the floor to line dance. 

Nominated by Northeastern University

Cooper's Riverview, Trenton, NJ

Thirsty Thursday should be spent at Cooper's if you're a TCNJ student. Drink specials start at 8 p.m., and students get discounted entry with their college I.D. Fingers crossed no one has a 7:45 a.m. Friday lecture. 

Nominated by The College of New Jersey

Fenwicks Pub, Bronx, NY

Every college needs a good dive bar, even if said school is surrounded by glamorous NYC-based options. College DJ nights will have you dancing with a can in hand all night long. 

Nominated by Manhattan College

Cooper's Riverview, Trenton, NJ

Nominated by The College of New Jersey

Tara Inn, Port Jefferson, NY

One hour for happy hour isn't enough. That's why Tara Inn hosts it from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. daily! That's enough time to grab a drink or two between classes, right?

Nominated by Stony Brook University

Brendan's Towne Tavern, Lewisburg, PA

Brendan's truly is the town tavern to connect with friends and family over a beer. There's always a dozen seasonal beers on tap.

Nominated by Bucknell University

Hemingway's Cafe, Pittsburgh, PA

Photo by ORONAdesign

Award-winning Hemingway's Cafe will keep patrons coming back time and time again with karaoke and trivia nights and a myriad of cans and cocktails to choose from. Plus, with TVs in every corner of the bar, game days will surely be a blast. 

Nominated by University of Pittsburgh

Tavern on Liberty, Allentown, PA

Tavern On Liberty's pretzels and wings pair perfectly with the bar's local and imported beer offerings. Also, opt for fruity ciders and seasonal pumpkin spiced beer. 

Nominated by Muhlenberg College

Design by Spoon University

Five & Dime, Evanston, IL

Beer, wine, and ritzy cocktails overflow at Five & Dime. There's nothing better than sipping a Yes Please cocktail (pomegranate & passion fruit, citrus, Ketel One Rose Vodka) on the roof deck.

Nominated by Northwestern University

Stacks Bar and Grill, Valparaiso, IN

Stacks Bar and Grill, Valparaiso, IN

This library-inspired bar won't shush you for talking loud and having a blast. Along with a big food menu, patrons are also able to order unique cocktails including the Flamin' Hot Cheeto Bloody Mary, a cappuccino martini, and a literal mimosa bucket.

Nominated by Valparaiso University

Bullwinkles Bar, Lawrence, KS

Game day means nothing if you're not at Bullwinkles. This bar is home to one of the most famous Kansas drinks, the sugary, blue Moose Bowl. This cocktail has a secret recipe, but the bar says it's "a well-mixed concoction for regrettable decisions and an almost surefire recipe for disaster."

Nominated by The University of Kansas

Rick's American Cafe, Ann Arbor, MI

Bullwinkles Bar, Lawrence, KS

Nominated by The University of Kansas

This is the place to be if you're a senior. A chill atmosphere welcomes students, alumni, and professors alike to drink, dance, watch the game, or do all three at once. 

Nominated by University of Michigan

Tin Can, East Lansing, MI

IPAs, tall boys, ales, lagers, and imports are just a few kinds of beer categories you'll find on the menu at Tin Can. In classic Michigan fashion, the bar also offers Faygo Bombs and pudding shots.

Nominated by Michigan State University

Ugly Tuna Saloona 2, Columbus, OH

The OSU Buckeyes are encouraged to "Get Ugly" in the Ugly Tuna, whether it's while watching a game or sipping fishbowls on a Friday night. Instead of your typical happy hour, you can score $1 and $2 drink deals here during "Ugly Hour." 

Nominated by The Ohio State University

Tin Can, East Lansing, MI

Nominated by Michigan State University

Whiskey Jacks Saloon, Madison, WI

You'll find good vibes all around at Whiskey Jacks Saloon. From karaoke nights to live music and from darts to pool, you'll get an array of fun events and activities as well as a wide range of whiskey. 

Nominated by University of Wisconsin-Madison 

Design by Spoon University

Baby J's Bar, Gainesville, FL

Coffee and cocktails abound at this high-end, relaxed Floridian bar. Self-described as an "audiophile cocktail bar with a focus on jazz and soul," patrons can catch live music as they sip dirty martinis, gin and tonics, and more. 

Nominated by University of Florida

Fire Betty's, Tallahassee, FL

Be prepared to sweat at Fire Betty's. The bar hosts lots of events including Emo Night and a T-Swift video dance party, as well as comedy shows, karaoke nights, and pride nights. Stop in to watch burlesque and live bands, too, with a drink in hand. 

Nominated by Florida State University

Veranda, Atlanta, GA

Did someone say $1 drinks? Veranda is always dishing out drink specials and specialty beverages. Definitely grab a Blue Long Island while you're in town. 

Nominated by Emory University

The Vortex Bar & Grill, Atlanta, GA

Offering burgers and brews, the Vortex Bar & Grill satisfies cocktail and mocktail fans, alike. Local beers and ciders with high ABVs are listed on the menu alongside an array of bourbons, scotches, moonshines, and more. While there, you must order Vortex's signature strong cocktail, the Skull Crusher with tequila, vodka, rum, bourbon, and various fruity liqueurs.

Nominated by Savannah College of Art & Design, Atlanta

Fred's Bar, Baton Rouge, LA

Fred's Bar is always packed with people partying 'til last call. This Baton Rouge staple is a great spot to see DJs and other live musicians as you chug light beers and sip mixed drinks. 

Nominated by Louisiana State University

The Boot, New Orleans, LA

The Boot is quintessential to Tulane student nightlife. In a sea of New Orleans bars, this one is beloved by college attendees for its award-winning atmosphere, colorful pitcher drinks, and game day specials.  

Nominated by Tulane University

Cain & Abel's, Austin, TX

The Boot, New Orleans, LA

Nominated by Tulane University

Photo by @cainandabels/Instagram

Cain & Abel's has unwavering school spirit and is brimming with UT Austin students and alumni at any given time. On game day, this is the unofficial tailgating headquarters.

Nominated by The University of Texas at Austin

Mama Sake, College Station, TX

Texas A&M students can't get enough of this intimate bar. Focusing on rice wine, this spot is known for its Mommy Sake Bombs.

Nominated by Texas A&M University

My Noodle & Bar, Richmond, VA

Thai cuisine lovers need to get over to Richmond ASAP. Alongside delectable curry, noodle, and rice dishes, diners can choose from an array of sake, wine, beer, and $12 cocktails. 

Nominated by Virginia Commonwealth University

Design by Spoon University

Rockfire Grill, Isla Vista, CA

Grab yourself a big pitcher of beer to pair with your wings, flatbreads, and burgers at Rockfire Grill. Then, make sure to stay for karaoke, comedy, and college nights.

Nominated by University of California, Santa Barbara

Mavericks Beach Club, San Diego, CA

This massive bar has multiple nooks inside and out for patrons to sip on beverages and eat some fried snacks. Whether you're tailgating or simply need a pick-me-up after a long day on the beach, you can grab a beer as well as alcoholic slushies and popsicles. Plus, this bar even has a food menu just for dogs.

Nominated by San Diego State University

Westwood, San Francisco, CA

Photo by Westwood

Westwood, San Francisco, CA

Even if you're on the west coast, you can find decadent southern-style BBQ and booze right at Westwood. Scoop up some whiskey sours and old fashioned cocktails at the bar, and enjoy some live country music and line dancing. 

Nominated by San Francisco State University

Shooting Star Saloon, Ogden, UT

Weber State University students love drinking at the historical Shooting Star Saloon. Established in 1879, this is the oldest continuously operating saloon west of the Mississippi, according to the restaurant's site. Grab a burger and a beer, and you'll be set for the night. 

Nominated by Weber State University

Click here for more from the Spoon Choice Awards.

Photos courtesy of Hemingway's by Orona Designs, Cain and Abel's.