1. Steam

restaurants

Photo by Amanda Almeida

Steam is a really great restaurant for Chinese food, located on the end of Greenwich Avenue. One of the reasons to love it is because you never feel the heavy bloated/drowsiness that people usually feel after eating Chinese food. The menu is pretty big, and there are a lot of small portions so this allows you to get a little taste of everything. The prices are pretty great so it’s definitely a go-to.

2. The Clydesdale Pub and Grill

restaurants

Photo Courtesy of yelp.com

For being a new restaurant, it’s impressive how good the food and the vibe is at this pub in Portchester. The menu is split between tradition English food and American food, and the prices are very affordable. People love to sit at the bar, drink, and jam to the live music they have (if you’re looking for a small gig, this would be a great place to ask). This laid-back and delicious pub is perfect for people who just want to hang out and have a good time.

#SpoonTip: You can also order for take-out, and in the winter they will be available for deliveries.

3. Mediterraneo

restaurants

Photo by Esther Castellanos

Although Mediterraneo is on the pricey side, it’s a great place to go for a date. It is located on Greenwich Avenue, and they have seating outside, which is beautiful when the sun sets and there’s a fresh breeze. With much of the food served being considered an aphrodisiac, combined with the perfect temperature, and a nice bottle of wine, it’s a pretty perfect date.

4. Le Pain Quotidien

restaurants

Photo Courtesy of tedisarah.com

Le Pain Quotidien is a cute French restaurant also located on Greenwich Avenue. It’s an amazing place to stop by, especially if you’re looking to go to brunch with some friends. It’s also vegetarian and vegan friendly, offering all kinds of options. This eatery offers tons of healthy dishes such as quinoa salads and avocado toasts, yet still offers typical French pastries like croissants.

5. Corbos Deli

restaurants

Photo Courtesy of Instagram food source

Although Corbos isn’t exactly a restaurant, you shouldn’t miss out on this gem of a place. If you live in Greenwich, you’re well aware that Corbos is pretty much all you ate throughout high school. Their famous subs such as the Bruin and the Dude are worth waiting in line for. So, when coming home from college, this place is always a first stop.

6. Kira Sushi

restaurants

Photo Courtesy of kiraasianbistro.com

Kira Sushi is a well-liked Japanese restaurant, because the menu offers a wide spectrum of options as to what to eat for lunch or dinner. You can see the chefs making sushi and rolls, which is cool to watch, and ensures us the best quality meal. It’s the best place to order some Sake after a eating bomb sushi.

7. Harvest Wine Bar

restaurants

Photo Courtesy of theshopatyale.com

Harvest is located on Greenwich Avenue, and is also perfect for a nice date. Their nights tend to be busy, so I recommend making a reservation. The quality of the food is amazing, and so is their wine list. If you don’t want to bother with dinner, harvest also has a bar. If you’re looking for a nice place that isn’t so busy, you can come here for brunch instead, where it’s more low-key and you can enjoy the breeze from their terrace.

These seven restaurants are great for people who want to eat good food no matter how much money they have to spend. I’ve personally been to all these places and I can honestly say these are the best restaurants to go to for any occasion.