With St. Patrick's day coming up, there's tons of tempting sweets to celebrate with. I mean, you can't go five minutes without seeing a commercial for Shamrock Shakes. But as someone who tries to keep sweets to a minimum (key word being tries), it's hard to find something to get me in the spirit while maintaining my health and fitness goals. This is where the green smoothie comes in—refreshing, healthy, delicious, and oh so green, these smoothies are just the thing to get you in the St. Patty's mood and keep you healthy. Win win. 

1. Skinny Shamrock Shake with Spinach

Creamy, chocolatey, and oh so minty, this DIY version of a McDonald's Shamrock Shake will rock your world. Made with healthy ingredients such as bananas, spinach, and greek yogurt, it's the perfect way to celebrate St. Patty's without any of the guilt.

2. Classic Green Smoothie

vegetable, herb
Yonaton Soler

A perfect mix of tropical flavors and spinach, this green smoothie is healthy af and tastes good too. It also contains chia seeds to help you meet your daily fiber needs, among other health benefits.

3. Green Tea Smoothie

coffee, tea
Stephanie Nguyen

A popular addition to any smoothie, Green tea has lots of antioxidants to help get you up and about. Not to mention that it tastes delicious, too. For an extra boost of healthy nutrients, add an additional handful of greens to your blender and bam—you've got yourself an easy green tea smoothie for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. 

4. Coconut Lime Cashew Smoothie

soup, vegetable, herb
Kristina Rossi

A perfect blend of tangy citrus and sweet vanilla, this green smoothie is an awesome mixture of all the best types of flavors, and a great pick me up at any time of the day. Loaded with coconut cream, cashews, and coconut flakes, this smoothie is the perfect way to add some much-needed healthy fats into your diet.

5. Tropical Green Smoothie

herb, vegetable
Abby Farley

This green smoothie is just the thing to help you forget about this year's freezing temperatures. Filled with pineapple and coconut water, you'll be instantly transported to the Carribbean the second you take the first sip. 

As you can see, green smoothies not only have a plethora of health benefits, but also are the perfect way to kick of your St. Patty's day celebrations on a healthy note. Now, all you have to do is pick the one you're in the mood for. Especially on St. Patrick's Day, keep calm and smoothie on.