Food is a huge element of the travel experience. Exploring is what introduces us all to so many different cuisines and combinations. Airports have begun to cater to not only what we want, but what we need to eat as we travel this beautiful world. Here are the 21 best international airports you should make a point to travel through just for their food options alone.
Besides traveling through the central hub of London, Heathrow offers amazing food options. Start with a nice burger and fries or sushi, indulge in ice cream for dessert, then knock off the travel jitters at the pub.
2. JFK International
3. CopenhagenThis airport's small layout filled with pate pate, gorm's pizza, and lackagehuse still leaves room for the familiar face of Starbucks. No need to wander father than you may have already.
4. LAXReal Food Daily is definitely the vegan place to be. The international terminal has everything you could need from 800 degrees, Umami burger, The Tavern, Pinkberry, and Border Grill.
5. Hong Kong
For the kids, there's Ajisen Ramen and Popeye's, but the adults can put their well-developed palates to the test with offerings from soy milk to roasted duck.
Once you pass the Gap and Swarovski Crystal shops, there's still a huge variety of options that give even lay-over travelers a taste of Philly.
7. Narita (Japan)
Get introduced to or say goodbye to Japan with some quality donburi.
8. Singapore's Changi
You don't become the number one airport in the world with just a couple vending machines here and there. The 24-hour food gallery alone is award-worthy.
9. Pearson International (Toronto)
Tim Horton's welcomes everyone to Canada in the most appropriate was possible, but it doesn't stop there. Caplansky's Deli, Lee Kitchen, Paramount Fine Foods, Smashburger, Whalburgers, and Smoke's Burritorie makes Canada even more of a warm welcome.
10. Charlotte Douglas
Nine different Starbucks—sometimes jet lagged travelers don't need much else.
The wave of new restaurants popping up will give a consistent traveler new local beers or creperies to try with every trip.
12. San Francisco
Odds are your favorite eatery isn't only in your terminal, but also right around each one. No need to pencil in time to run from terminal to terminal looking for your favorite place.
13. Charles De GaulleStop by Lauderée for an airplane snack that'll bump any seat up to first class.
Too long of a layover may lead to spending more on food than on your ticket, but vendors here aren't allowed to overprice here. Take advantage of the nitro coffee while you can.
15. Newark Liberty
Stepping it up recently, cafes and bars fill the airport. Each terminal has everything you would need at any time of day, with tablets for easy ordering.
They put mac n' cheese into grilled cheese for a reason. Here is the place to take a few to go.
17. Hartfield-Jackson AtlantaEnjoy a trip to the south and go international at the same time within the different terminals.
18. Chicago O’Hare
19. Dallas Fort Worth International
Take some candy for the road (or sky) at this awesome airport.
If your favorite airport eateries and German classics aren't enough, sandwich stands fill the terminals.