As a self-proclaimed peanut butter addict, I've actually dreamed about the day when a recipe like this would come along... The only thing that could be better than a peanut butter cookie, is a peanut butter cookie stuffed with gooey, melted peanut butter. Yes, let the mouth-watering begin, I have this recipe here for you today.

While I've certainly tried my share of peanut butter desserts, I'm here to tell all my shamelessly devoted peanut butter fans to look no further. In under 30 minutes, you can make an upgraded version of your favorite pastime treat that will satisfy your cravings on an entirely new level.

Before reading on, beware, this recipe is highly addictive and will have you risking your life when you somehow convince yourself its a good idea to take these cookies straight off the baking tray. I mean, the risk is definitely worth it, but, still, beware. So, with that, enjoy the best peanut butter stuffed cookies you will ever lay your eyes on:

Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies

• 1 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 stick softened butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
bread, cake, pastry, candy, sweet, chocolate, cookie
Sam Brosnahan

Preheat oven to 375°F.

cake, tea
    Sam Brosnahan

In a small bowl, make the filling: combine one cup of peanut butter and the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Roll the mixture into small balls and place on a baking sheet in the freezer.

sweet, dough, pastry
    Sam Brosnahan

In a larger bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.

chocolate, cream, coffee, milk
    Sam Brosnahan

Mix in the egg and vanilla until completely combined. Then, add in the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring until just combined.

pastry, dairy product, cream, sweet
    Sam Brosnahan

Take a heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough and flatten it using your hands. Then, place a frozen peanut butter ball on top and use the excess edges of dough to cover the peanut butter ball completely.

cake, cream, dough, pastry, bread, sweet, dairy product
    Sam Brosnahan

Roll the stuffed cookie dough balls in granulated sugar. Place on a non-stick baking sheet about 2" apart. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown. And, finally, enjoy these dope peanut butter cookies.

cake, pastry, candy, cookie, chocolate, sweet
    Sam Brosnahan

You could wait for them to cool, but I prefer to indulge in these cookies right out of the oven. If you enjoy these cookies right away, the melted peanut butter oozes out and somehow make every problem in the world disappear....

Be careful, these cookies will be hot when you take them straight off the baking sheet, but I promise that burning your mouth on molten peanut butter doesn't hurt half as badly as never experiencing these gems. Happy baking, and enjoy.