New York is not only the best city in the world, it also is home to the best food in the world. Please don’t fight me on this. That being said, if you ever college tour at New York University, food is an integral part of this tour, considering that NYU is in one of the coolest food areas in Manhattan.

Here is your must try hit-list for breakfast, lunch, and dinner while touring New York University. Plus, every one of these spots is within a 15-minute walk from the main campus – you’re welcome in advance.

Breakfast

1. Tompkins Square Bagels

New York University

Photo courtesy of @lindsaypaulen on Instagram

It’s no secret that NYC has the best bagels ever, and Tompkins Square Bagels does bagels with a fun twist. Tompkins Square Bagels has an option for everyone, from cream cheese flavors like avocado chipotle, birthday cake, and chocolate chip cookie dough. Additionally, they have awesome breakfast sandwich bagels like The Garrett Jones with egg whites, chicken sausage, onions, spinach, and The Dylan with pesto, eggs, roasted peppers & fresh mozzarella. And for all the vegans out there, they have tons of tofu cream cheese flavors, too.

2. OatMeals

New York University

Photo courtesy of @oatmealsny on Instagram

OatMeals was NYC’s first completely oatmeal bar, and it has completely transformed the way I, and many others, see oatmeal. Although more well-known for their sweet oatmeals like S’mores and The Cinnamon Bun, OatMeals has savory options too, like Croque Monsieur and Cacio e Pepe. OatMeals is the perfect bite to grab before starting off your day college touring.

3. The Doughnut Project

New York University

For those of you who have an insatiable sweet tooth like myself, The Doughnut Project is a great way to start your college-touring filled day. Although internet-famous for their everything bagel doughnut, The Doughnut Project has many more awesome and less abstract choices. My favorite is their Those Beetz Are Dope doughnut, which is a beet-glazed doughnut, stuffed with fresh ricotta cheese. It may sound crazy, but don’t knock it until you try it.

Lunch

1. Mimi Cheng’s Dumplings

New York University

Right in the heart of the East Village and right off the NYU campus, Mimi Cheng’s is one of my favorite spots in the city. It’s also a perfect place to grab a quick lunch before, or after, a college tour. The Mimi Cheng chicken dumplings are my favorite, but they also always have a vegetarian option and a pork option. Also, every month they have a monthly dumpling special where they usually collaborate with another restaurant. Some recent collaborations include By Chloe and Black Tap.

2. Semsom Eatery

New York University

Mediterranean food is by far one of my favorite cuisines, and my favorite spot to grab a quick and healthy bite to eat happens to be right on the NYU campus. Semsom is a Chipotle-style eatery with fast but healthy Mediterranean food. After a tour, head on over to Semsom and get a delicious bowl or wrap (and make sure to get their amazing hummus).

3. By Chloe

New York University

Veganism is taking the world by a storm, and so is By Chloe, a fast-food vegan restaurant. This is another one of my favorite spots in Manhattan because of their insane guac burger and mind-blowing cupcakes. By Chloe is another perfect place to grab a quick bite while touring, that is, if there isn’t a line.

4. 12 Chairs Cafe

New York University

Cozily tucked away on Macdougal Street, 12 Chairs is the West Village’s best-hidden gem. It is by far my go-to spot in the city when I’m craving hummus or falafel, or anything of that sort. The waiters and waitresses there are friendly, helpful, and provide speedy service, usually guaranteeing no line, unlike many other restaurants nearby.

Dinner

1. Charlie Bird

New York University

I know I’ve basically said every single one of these spots is my favorite, but in all seriousness, Charlie Bird is my favorite because it’s perfect for any occasion. Need a good brunch spot? Charlie Bird is your place. First date? Charlie Bird. Birthday dinner? You know where I’m sending you. Nice dinner with your family after your NYU college tour? Charlie Bird. Good vibes, good service, great food. The gnocchi and chicken are both musts.

2. Momofuku Noodle Bar

New York University

It’s no question that David Chang is a restaurant god, and Momofuku Noodle Bar is absolutely no exception. From buns to fried chicken, to most importantly, ramen, Momofuku Noodle Bar has all the best Japanese food.

3. Tacombi

New York University

Tacombi is a fun and casual Mexican spot with three locations in Manhattan. It’s perfect for all your Mexican cravings and two of their locations are within a ten-minute walk of NYU’s main campus. Grab corn esquites, a couple tacos, and you’re good to go.