Every Saturday or Sunday morning, as I lazily scroll through social media in my comfy bed, I am guaranteed to see at least one picture of a colorful bagel sandwich on Instagram, Instagram stories, or Snapchat. And they are ALWAYS from Bagelsaurus. After hearing about Bagelsaurus, a well known bagel and breakfast shop in the heart of Cambridge, I finally decided to go and see what the hype was all about and see for myself if these bagel sandwiches taste as good as they look.

A fellow spooner and I went to Bagelsaurus early on a Saturday morning and were greeted by a line that went down the block and wrapped around the building. The line was full of many different people including families, gym rats who were treating themselves post workout, moms, old couples, and college kids like us. I could tell that Bagelsaurus appealed to all ages, not just people who were looking for the perfect Instagram. The line was moving at a good pace, but it still took about 20 minutes before we were able to enter the actual building. The shop itself was small and plain, but clean and bright.

Anna Keefe
Anna Keefe

Immediately when I walked in, I smelled the scent of fresh baked bagels mixed with freshly brewed coffee. I couldn’t wait to order! I scanned the menu and decided on the Classic Jumbo Sandwich, which was a plain bagel with a free range over medium egg, mustard butter, and Cabot cheddar cheese. Of course, I had to add some extra toppings, so I got avocado, bacon, cucumber, and tomatoes as well. I also ordered some fresh orange juice to wash down my bagel sandwich. The wait for our bagels was only about 3 minutes, which was pretty fast. The workers were very nice and efficient and made the experience that much better.

Anna Keefe

Once we got our sandwiches, we walked outside and found a bench on the block. Of course, we had to snap some pics, and then I dove in ready to take my long awaited first bite of a Bagelsaurus sandwich. The photos turned out perfect. The vibrant colors of the bagels and the fresh looking ingredients add the perfect touch to an Instagram page- no edit needed. So many people post photos of the bagels on Instagram and they not only taste delicious, but inspire people to go check out the shop for themselves or to recreate the bagel in their own kitchens at home. After I posted a picture on my Instagram story, a bunch of my friends texted me saying "we need to go there" or "that bagel looks so good". The yummy looking and colorful aesthetic of the bagels provide inspiration and is definitely a bucket list item for many people around Boston.

Anna Keefe

The sandwich was better than I could've imagined. The creaminess of the avocado mixed with the tanginess of the the tomatoes and the richness of the egg yolk tasted great. The flavors were perfect and when put together, they tasted so good! Although the bagel was delicious, it was definitely a process to eat, and I went through about 10 napkins and had sauce dripping down my arm. However, it was totally worth the hassle to eat and I would undoubtedly recommend Bagelsaurus to anyone!! With a place that gives you a good experience, tasty bagel, and perfect Instagram, its hard not to love Bagelsaurus.

Beatriz Gras