Going home over spring break means seeing family, friends, and going back to the normality of home with all your favorite places to eat. What most people don't think about is the fact that you have to see the amazing food from all around the world through your friends' Snapchat and Instagram. 

Going Home to Friends and Family

meat, bun, cheese, tomato, ham, bread, sandwich, lettuce
Delaney Borders

Going home is an experience that most people love. You get to see your family after not seeing them for a while and you also get to get away for your roommates that you may or may not want to kill. While I’m excited for about going home this spring break and seeing my family and friends, I'm mostly excited to go back and eat at all my favorite places (aka Whataburger and Great Out Doors) and eating a real home cooked meal with my family. Let's face it, dorm food is so overrated and we all need a well-deserved break from it

Social Media

mousse, cake, whipped cream, cream, chocolate
Delaney Borders

As great as being home is, social media makes enjoying our hometown haunts a little difficult. Whether it be Instagram or Snapchat, we all know the envy of seeing everyone's awesome vacations and how much fun they're having, not to mention all the delicious looking food they get to eat and enjoy.

Now while it might be annoying here are some tips on how to overcome that jealousy.

1. Head out to your favorite place and love on it while on social media.

Remind everyone how great it is to go back to your city by sharing photos from your favorite restaurants. Use this time to catch up with an old friend and you win all around.

2.  Cook with Your Family 

Cooking with your family is a great way to bond and get everyone up to speed on what's going on in your life and you caught up on theirs. Share what you make on Instagram and you can remind everyone how nice it is to go home.. 

Lastly, just enjoy the feeling of knowing you got to go home and can just sit down and enjoy food with your friends and family. You could also try some of these fun activities to keep your mind off the beach that you're not lounging on, if you're really feeling the FOMO.