Playa Bowls Fairfield

For me, a smoothie or smoothie bowl always seems to hit the spot, even when it gets cold. But for others, cold weather may turn them away. In Fairfield, it seemed like spring was on its way, but now more cold weather and snow is going to hit. But there's some good news! Playa Bowls Fairfield always feels like summer inside! Right when you walk in, there is such a beachy feel thanks to their fun interior design; there are surf boards, palm trees, and waves every where you look. 

Laina Bayles

Is it Just Acai and Smoothies?

At Playa Bowls Fairfield there are so many options to choose from. I stood at the front for about five minutes trying to decide what I wanted. There are acai bowls, chia bowls, oatmeal bowls, and more! 

Laina Bayles

So, What Did We Choose?

Erin:

I got the Nutella Acai Bowl. This was an Acai bowl made with pure Acai. It was topped with granola, bananas, strawberries, coconut flakes, and last but definitely not least, Nutella. I had never been to Playa Bowls before so I wasn't really sure what to expect. As someone with more of a sweet tooth, this was a healthy alternative which left me satisfied. I found it really refreshing and filling and would definitely go again! 

Laina Bayles

Laina:

The item I got was very similar to Erin's; the Chia-Tella Chia Pudding Bowl. This was a chia seed pudding base with coconut milk, agave, and vanilla. It was topped with granola, bananas, strawberries, coconut flakes, and Nutella. Can you tell we like Nutella? This was a warmer bowl compared to a smoothie bowl. I wanted to try something different from a smoothie and like chia pudding which is why I chose this. Overall, I really liked it, but there was a lot of chia pudding and it felt like it was missing something. I think next time I get this, I would ask if it's possible to add some acai to add a colder dimension or maybe peanut butter to pull everything together.

Laina Bayles

Erini:

I got the Special Bowl: Booster Bowl. It is a banana, spirulina, vanilla protein, flax oil, peanut butter, cashew milk base, topped with bananas, granola, chia seeds, and peanut butter. This is my go-to order at Playa Bowls. Even though I get the same thing every time, it never fails to satisfy my cravings. The peanut butter combined with the topping is the perfect crunchy texture that I can't get enough of! Also having a layer of granola at the bottom is such a game changer. 

Laina Bayles

Overall, our visit at Playa Bowls Fairfield was such a success! It's such a great spot because you could go again and again to try all their different flavor combinations (or continue to get your tried and true favorite combination)! It never gets old! They also have great seasonal flavors. Whether you've been before or not, add Playa Bowls Fairfield to your list of go-to spots in Fairfield!