"Bodega" a song by Mir Fontane, ft. Fetty Wap on his rebound from "Trap Queen", comes from Macaroni Tony, Mir Fontane's relatively new album. The song absolutely slaps and would 10/10 recommend. "Bodega" is a rap song with smooth, chill vibes. Definitely a song you could listen to at 10 am on your way to class. 

One of the gems of Uptown Oxford is the sandwich shop, also known as Bodega. Unexpectedly, Oxford has a large amount of sandwich shops for a small town. While So-Hi is arguably the most well known for sandwiches, after hearing "Bodega" I was intrigued to see if the small sandwich shop lived up to the song. 

Makayla Sheehan

While Mir Fontane creates a smooth mix of beats, the sandwiches are a smooth combo of veggies, bread and sauces. Many customers go for their pre made sandwich combos, but I ventured to create my own sandwich: french bread, turkey, lettuce, provolone, tomato, spinach, onions and basil mayo. This sandwich brought me back to the sandwiches my mom would pack me for lunch. I not only would recommend this sandwich to a friend, but I would go back to get another.  Besides sandwiches, Bodega also offers a variety of cafe food, including pre-made salades and soups. In other words, Bodega could be compared to Oxford's local version of deli-style Panera.

Makayla Sheehan
Makayla Sheehan

Mir Fontane writes "Bodega" about the struggle of growing up in Camden, NJ. Bodega, featured on the cover of the album, is a convenient store that Mir would hang at with with his friends. While we all had that childhood place we would go to with our friends, Bodega was Mir's place to grow up with his friends. He writes "Bodega" to write about how the local convenient store helped him mature. 

Makayla Sheehan

Oxford's Bodega is far from a local convenient store in the middle of a major city. Instead our quaint sandwich shop is a center for students to meet up for lunch or dinner, but similar to the song, our students get to grow from little freshmen to seniors, ready to take on the world. Bodega may or may not help you grow as a person, but it definitely will help you grow your tastebuds. I would argue that Bodega lives up to the standards set by Mir Fontane and Fetty Wap and both the song and the sandwiches will start your day off right.