In recent months, if your TikTok For You page is anything like mine, it may be absolutely chock-full of "candy salad." A trend made by and for sweet tooths, candy salads are a childhood dream come to life with the help of that nice adult money.

What is a candy salad?

All you have to do is grab your biggest bowl, purchase all of your favorite bite-sized fruity, chewy candies, including Sour Patch Kids, gummy bears, jelly beans, and Skittles, and then mix them up for a delightful mix of your own design. 

While this idea is not "new" by any means, TikTok is having a lot of fun making their favorite candy concoctions for family movie nights, girls' nights, date nights, and literally any other occasion. We won't judge if this is just a personal candy salad either. I mean, we're supposed to eat our greens, right? There are green Skittles! If you're overwhelmed by all the options in the candy aisle, here are some sweet candy salad recipe ideas to get you started. 

The Traditional Candy Salad

You can go absolutely bananas by making the most common candy salad recipe. All you need is, well, any type of chewy, fruity candy you want. The most popular additions are Nerds Candy Gummy Clusters, Sour Patch Kids, Sour Patch Watermelons, SweeTARTS Ropes, Mini Starbursts, and gummy bears. The candy aisle is your oyster, so to speak. Make sure you use clean scissors to make any candy ropes or strips bite-sized for easy grabbing. TikTok user @mikaylamcn swears by this mix as the ideal road trip snack!

Simply Rosy 

Just because most TikTok creators buy several bags worth of candy doesn't you have to, too. This TikTok user made a super cute and elegant candy salad with just three candies: Airheads Xtremes Bites Rainbow Berry, Sour Punch Straws in red, and the best Starbursts of all time, the pink ones! Its rosy red color is so aesthetically pleasing and doesn't require you to by the whole candy aisle. 

Chocolate Peanut Butter 

Not super into fruity candies? Me neither, and luckily for us chocolate lovers, the candy salad can be crafted with your preferred treats. TikTok user Addie Clarke is basically the candy salad queen and makes myriad mixes, including this chocolate peanut butter one. Here, she mixed Butterfingers, Reese's Pieces, Chex Mix Muddy Buddies, Peanut Butter M&Ms, mini Reese's, chopped-up peanut butter cookies, and a drizzle of peanut butter. You can follow her for more ideas including a chocolate and caramel candy salad, a summer-themed candy salad, and many more. 

Super Sour

If you're into making your mouth water, literally, you might be craving a super sour candy salad. Of course, you need your fave Sour Patch Kids, Sour Mike and Ikes, Sour Skittles, Sour Punch Bites, Warheads Cubes, and whatever other sour-dusted candy you can find. Be prepared for the ultimate pucker.