Although lately Halo Top has recently made its mark as the top healthy ice-cream alternative, Ben & Jerry’s light ice cream line leaves Halo Top struggling to compete–as if you didn't have enough reasons to love Ben & Jerry's. Halo Top, while low in calories and flavor, clearly doesn't compare to your typical ice cream scoop.  When you scoop into Halo Top, expecting a creamy bite, you are left disappointed with a grainy and ice-y consistency.

That sort of thing leads to you losing all hope in a ice cream that is guilt-free and enjoyable, right? Ben & Jerry's light ice cream line has proven that wrong.

Tell me more...

Although there are currently only three flavors of Ben & Jerry's light ice cream "Moo-phoria," we have not been disappointed with any of the options when taste-testing. They taste just as great as your typical Ben & Jerry's pint, but each flavor has only 140 to 160 calories per half cup serving. 

The “Chocolate Milk and Cookies” flavor has a chocolate and vanilla base that is swirled with chunks of chocolate chip cookies. “Caramel Cookie Fix” is a creamy vanilla ice cream with salted caramel ribbons and shortbread cookie pieces incorporated throughout. The last flavor option is “P.B. Dough” which is a chocolate ice cream with globs of chocolate chip peanut butter cookie dough. For a low-calorie ice cream, these flavors aren't lacking.

Luckily, since you have many calories to spare, you can indulge when it comes to toppings. It will be incredibly hard to mess up with any toppings on each of these delicious flavors, but to help you out, we have come up with a few flavor and topping pairs that will satisfy your sweet tooth.

Chocolate Milk and Cookies

chocolate, cookie, marshmallow, cream, peanut butter
Kelly Ho

For Chocolate Milk and Cookies, a go-to topping that pairs perfectly is crushed Oreos. The combo of chocolate chip cookie chunks and Oreo pieces will leave both your cookie and ice cream cravings satisfied. If Oreos are too #basic for a hard-core foodie like you, try sprinkling your ice cream with brownie bites–like these dope Rolo brownie bites.

Caramel Cookie Fix

cocoa, chocolate chips, chips, chocolate
Caroline Ingalls

Caramel Cookie Fix has a lot going on already, but more is always better. Top your bowl off the right way by highlighting either the salty or sweet element. For the sweet, you can complete your bowl with mini chocolate chips. To fully embrace the salty side of Caramel Cookie Fix, you should consider mixing in crushed pretzel pieces into your scoop.

P.B. Dough

chocolate, dairy product, jam, cream, coffee, sweet, milk, peanut butter, jar
Caroline Ingalls

Lastly, our favorite flavor of them all, P.B. Dough would be perfectly completed with melted peanut butter drizzled on top. The combination of a peanut butter drizzle with the chunks of peanut butter cookie dough will be sure to hit the spot when you're in need of a satisfactory dose of daily peanut buttery goodness. 

Next time you are in need for a satisfying scoop of ice cream, reach for Ben and Jerry’s light ice cream and pile on some of these delicious toppings. Because remember, Ben & Jerry's solves everything.