Nut butter: noun 1. Something I cannot live without.

I am sure many of you would agree with this definition of nut butter, and nowadays there seems to be countless options of types to buy. The first decision comes with which variety to buy. Are you more of a unique hazelnut butter type- or classic peanut lover? Then comes which what brand to purchase. This is where things get really tricky. I always look for brands that are using the single ingredient I want: nuts. Please do not give me added sugars (unless it involves chocolate, of course) or palm oil, which has no nutritional benefits and is slowly killing the planet.

Once I’ve narrowed out brands that are using these cheap ingredients, I look to which nut butter I believe has the best nutrition. Fortunately, I’ve found the one that tops the rest. NuttZo is different from all of the other brands because their nut butters contain a variety of nuts and seeds, each with unique health benefits. One of NuttZo’s varieties contain all of the following ingredients: organic roasted cashews, organic roasted almonds, organic roasted brazil nuts, organic roasted flax seeds, organic roasted hazelnuts, organic roasted chia seeds, organic roasted pumpkin seeds, Celtic Sea Salt. It is always important to get a variety of nutrients and to not have too many of certain nutrients, and NuttZo makes it way easier to do this. Don’t fret that you might not like the taste of a nut butter with so many different ingredients; “Power Fuel” tastes just like almond butter and “Peanut Pro” tastes just like peanut butter.

What makes NuttZo even more special? The company is a certified B Corporation. This is a proud certification for companies that “use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems.” Sales from every jar of NuttZo support Project Left Behind, a non-profit that helps orphaned children. You have the power to help better the world by using your dollar wisely. NuttZo is a great (read 'delicious') brand that makes conscious consumerism easy.

In case you need any more motivation to go out and buy NuttZo, here are some delicious recipes I have come to love.

Almond Butter and Jelly French Toast

cake, blueberry, sweet, berry, chocolate, cream, milk
Ariana Pergola

Why this combination isn’t more popular, I’m not quite sure. Turning a favorite childhood meal into a fancy breakfast is always a good idea. There are countless ways you could make this, but I used by KNOW Foods grain-free bread, NuttZo Power Fuel, Bionature apricot jelly, and my favorite berries. 

Sweet Potato Breakfast Power Bowl

chicken
Ariana Pergola

This one might surprise you, but eating sweet potato and nut butter together are beyond your wildest dreams. Sweet potatoes are an amazing breakfast because they give you just the right amount of energy, and NuttZo’s Power Fuel and Peanut Pro have protein to keep you full until lunch. You can make this bowl as complicated or simple as you like. I added figs, quinoa, coyo coconut yogurt and Asana foods bee pollen. 

The Best Brownies You Will Ever Eat (that also happen to be grain free)

chocolate, cream, sweet, candy, milk, cake
Ariana Pergola

I know, this is a bold statement, but it proved to be true after my parents and I finished half the tray within 5 minutes of it coming out of the oven. The best part? We didn’t feel gross after eating all of it! These are brownies so healthy you could eat them for breakfast, but are decadent enough to serve as a hot fudge sundae dessert. They are incredibly easy as well. Simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl using a hand mixer, adding each ingredient in the list after the one before it. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes and indulge.

1 cup Power Fuel (I used crunchy but smooth would work as well)

2 tablespoons date syrup (⅛ cup)

4 tablespoons maple syrup (¼ cup)

1 egg

½ tbsp cinnamon

½ tbsp vanilla

¼ cacao

½ tsp baking soda

salt

¼ chocolate chips  

Choosing a nut butter doesn't have to be so challenging. NuttZo has made the most consumer conscious product on the market. They choose a variety of healthy ingredients and give back to communities that need it. Each bite makes you feel like you're doing something good for yourself and for others. Eat NuttZo!