With BBQ season at its peak, these July food holidays are the key to continuing this sweet summer. We’re basically halfway through the summer months, and we deserve to celebrate. This month brings a wide array of days to enjoy, from main meals, to salty sides, and fun desserts. Look out June, July is coming in hot!

July 6- National Fried Chicken Day

Fast food | HD photo by Aleks Dorohovich (@aleksdorohovich) on Unsplash

Unsplash on Unsplash

Fried chicken is an OG comfort food whether you’re from the South or not. We can all agree that anything deep-fried is obviously good, so the only right way to celebrate today is with a big bucket of wings and thighs. Or maybe mix n match with a nice fluffy waffle. However you enjoy your fried chicken, know that the rest of America is enjoying it right alongside you.

July 9- National Sugar Cookie Day

sweet, bread, dairy product, butter, pastry, cake, pancake, cookie

There are so many things you can do with a sugar cookie by adding different flavors and toppings, but I think it’s safe to say that the original plain sugar cookie is very underrated. The great thing about a sugar cookie is that, if baked correctly, it is the perfect middle between under and over baked. It’s not too chewy, but the center is just soft enough to melt in your mouth. It’s time to show the world that basic has never been better!

July 13- National French Fry Day

appetizer, parsley, mayo, ketchup, salt, fries, potatoes
Josi Miller

No, you’re not dreaming, a day dedicated to fries really does exist! Celebrate today by scoring awesome deals at fast food chains like Carl’s Jr., Wendy’s, BurgerFi, and more! The main meals always get the spotlight, why not show the side dishes some love? Whether you dip, dunk, or drizzle, you count on a saucy July 13th.

July 15- National Gummy Worm Day

Close up of sweet and sour gummy worms. | HD photo by Sharon McCutcheon (@sharonmccutcheon) on Unsplash

Unsplash on Unsplash

Some may argue that gummy worms are inferior to gummy bears, and in my opinion, those people are not wrong. However, gummy worms are essential in one of my favorite treats– dirt cup. With pudding “mud”, cookie crumb “dirt”, and of course, gummy “worms”, dirt cup desserts will never fail to bring me back to my childhood and put a smile on my face. P.S.- sour worms are way better, and I appreciate the red/blue ones the most!

July 18- National Hot Dog Day

sauce, hot dog, mustard, cheese
Drew Glaeser

If you know me, you know I love hot dogs and the fact that they get their own day. One of the great things about this day being in the middle of July is that summer is BBQ season, and therefore hot dog season. A huge part of what makes a good hot dog is the many many ways to dress it. Ketchup, mustard, sauerkraut, relish, the list goes on and on. My personal favorite ways to eat a hot dog are with mustard and a side of baked beans or cut up in mac n cheese with a little drizzle of ketchup. Weird, I know, but wicked good.

July 21- National Junk Food Day

Follow us over on Instagram @twinsfis... | HD photo by twinsfisch (@twinsfisch) on Unsplash

Unsplash on Unsplash

Today is a special day for everyone who grew up on Hostess, Entenmann’s, or similar brands. The best way to celebrate today is to bring it back to the good old days when we were allowed to eat chocolate cream cupcakes and twinkies for breakfast. Some other classics include Pop-Tarts, Ho-Hos, Donettes, and Dunkaroos. The nostalgia is real guys, and it’s time to go eat your (sad) feelings.

July 22- National BLT Day

Wheat Bread Sandwich · Free Stock Photo

on Pexels

A very underrated sandwich, BLT’s are a classic diner dish that can be dressed up or dressed down. Bacon, lettuce, and tomato are a must, but make it your own with turkey, avocado, or ranch! Double-decker stacks are the best because you get more filling and, most importantly, more bread.

July 25- National Hot Fudge Sundae Day

cream, chocolate, sundae, ice, dairy product, strawberry, whipped cream, cake, brownie, chocolate ice cream
Omair Gill

Being that July is National Ice Cream month, it’s only fitting that a day is dedicated to the holy grail of ice cream dishes. The best thing about hot fudge sundaes is that you can pick any flavor and topping combos you want, as long as it has hot fudge drizzles across the top. Add a brownie on the bottom for a surprise and celebrate the day (and month) in sweet style.

July 28- National Milk Chocolate Day

chocolate bar, Hershey's, chocolate
Kayla Hawthorne

In my opinion, milk chocolate is supremely inferior to dark chocolate, but I still think it deserves its own celebration. You could keep it classic but enjoying a nice Hershey’s bar or kiss, but if you’re like me and can’t handle too much of it, opt for something with other flavors to break it up. Twix, Kit-Kats, and Reese’s are all great candies for dark chocolate lovers to celebrate milk chocolate.

July 30- National Cheesecake Day

Cheesecake · Free Stock Photo

on Pexels

This might be one of my favorite holidays of the entire year. That’s right, I said it. Creamy, rich, and light all at the same time, I don’t know how this dessert does it. If you don’t go The Cheesecake Factory today, don’t even bother with this holiday. Join in their celebration with any slice for half off! They’re also revealing two new flavors to honor this special day: New Very Cherry Ghirardelli® Chocolate Cheesecake and Cinnabon® Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake. July 30th can’t get here fast enough!