Jinjuu, which means "pearl" in Korean, is a modern restaurant that's hit the ground running in London. Behind the establishment is celebrity chef Judy Joo from the Food Network's Korean Food Made Simple. Her goal was to create a chic and trendy restaurant with both contemporary and traditional Korean street foods.

There are three Jinjuu locations in Mayfair, London, Soho, London, and Hong Kong. When I was in London, I dined at the Soho location.

Just last week, CNN named Jinjuu Mayfair one of the best new restaurants of 2017. And upon walking in, you immediately notice why—starting with the aesthetic.

Upstairs is a bar and a few tables. We were seated downstairs where there are booths, tables, and a bar that faces the kitchen and chefs.

#SpoonTip: There aren't many tables, so be sure to make a reservation ahead of time.

The Food

The menu features range of dishes that anyone can enjoy, but you must order the mandoo (which are dumplings). We ordered all three types, the vegetarian, beef with pork, and the short rib.

Paige Saunders

The bibimbap is essentially a stir fry, but served in a stone bowl that keeps cooking the food as you eat. 

chicken
Paige Saunders

The Jinjuu signature fried chicken is also a must-get, and if you have a party of at least three people get the whole Korean fried chicken. 

Jinjuu also hosts a bottomless brunch with signature Korean dishes and your choice of champagne or kimchi mary's. On certain nights, you'll find a DJ spinning R&B and electric music.

Jinjuu is not to be overlooked, so make a reservation if you're visiting London or Hong Kong. If I haven't convinced you to go yet, then this video definitely will.