I am a loud and proud avocado lover. When I heard about an avocado bar just across the bridge from me, I thought it was too good to be true. As anyone who does not live under a rock knows, the desire for avocados has been increasing over the last five years, and just when it seemed like our instagram feeds might finally be filled with something else, avocado bars are now opening all around. From the place that brought us Smorgasburg comes Avocaderia, the first avo-centered restaurant in the U.S.

The Menu

As you can see, Avocaderia is using avocados in a unique way, and somehow are making avocado toasts seem far from basic. But not only are they offering some delicious and beautiful toasts, they are also dishing out salads, drinks, and of course, guac. One of the highlights is their "Let it Beet" toast (featured above), which combines two nutritious foods and two pretty colors to make a healthy, Instagram-worthy dish. 

The First Day

Avocaderia opened on April 11th at 11 a.m. and the restaurant had 200 avocados ready to go, but by 2 p.m. of the first day, they were completely sold out. It is no surprise that even on a Tuesday, an avocado bar, opening in arguably one of the most trendy places, would sell out very quickly. 

I'm sure you're thinking that more avocados and long lines are the last things NYC needs. But the long lines are usually worth the wait, and Avocaderia is no exception. This Brooklyn gem is open from 11 am to 4 pm every day. Just make sure you get there early, so you can ensure you make it in for either a healthy-fat filled lunch, or a nice organic afternoon snack.