Washington, DC is not just the nation's capital: it's also home to some amazing restaurants. Everyone loves chips, guac, and some *quality* margaritas, so when going out for Mexican is the move (and let's face it, it's always the move), you will have no problem finding some great Mexican restaurants in Washington, DC.

Check here to see some of the best Mexican restaurants in D.C. that you just can't skip out on. 

1. Don Tito

From tostadas and quesadillas to rice bowls and tacos, Don Tito really has it all. With an extensive and affordable menu, you just can't go wrong. I recommend the queso fundido to start and then some pomegranate skirt steak tacos, which are both sweet and savory. If you're heading over for happy hour, definitely take advantage of Don Tito's cheap margaritas and super cute rooftop bar. 

Don Tito is located at 3165 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA

2. Taqueria Habanero

Taqueria Habanero strives to use the exact ingredients found on the streets of Puebla, Mexico in its tacos, torts, quesadillas, and huaraches. Extra emphasis on the $3 taco starters -- definitely a must-have. This restaurant is known for its Cubanas (a grilled Mexican sandwich with breaded chicken, fried ham, and sautéed onions), and it also has excellent vegetarian options. 

Taqueria Habanero is located at 3710 14th St. NW

3. El Sol

Named "the best taqueria in Washington," El Sol is not one to miss. El Sol has a huge menu that includes some amazing desserts like Torrejas (pressed French toast with cajeta vanilla ice cream). If you're into seafood, don't miss out on the extensive list of appetizers that includes oysters, mussels, and ceviche. 

El Sol is located at 1227 11th St. NW

4. La Puerta Verde

La Puerta Verde is an adorable happy hour destination with amazing food and cocktails. Its decor consists of traditional talavera wall tiles and vibrant murals, perfect for pre-meal instagramming. While most happy hours are known for their cheap cocktails, La Puerta Verde's is also known for its amazingly affordable tacos. The Elote Loco (corn on the cob with spicy citrus mayo, chile, and cotija cheese) is a must on this menu. 

La Puerta Verde is located at 2001 Fenwick St. NE

5. El Centro, D.F.

El Centro is home to three different types of guacamole (two of which include bacon), so it's obviously a hot spot for Mexican noms. For gluten-free foodies like me, El Centro's menu is especially amazing because it actually indicates which items do contain gluten, rather than the other way around (and it's menu is almost entirely GF already!).  Make El Centro your go-to for weekend brunch (or drunch) with breakfast tacos. Bonus if you make it bottomless: for only $35, you can have all of the margaritas and michiladas you could ever want.

Georgetown: 1218 Wisconsin Ave. NW

14th Street: 1819 14th St. NW

6. MXDC Cocina Mexicana

MXDC has a super eclectic menu that includes seasonal options for its ceviche and guacamole, as well as a Taco of the Week. I recommend the lobster and corn guacamole, because who wouldn't want to combine lobster and guac? The MX Paella Para Dos (for 2) is great to share, combining meat, seafood, and more for a beautiful dish. And if you're headed out for happy hour, don't skip out on these amazing nachos.

MXDC Cocina Mexicana is located at 600 14th St. NW

7. Rosa Mexicano

Even with locations all over the country, Rosa Mexicano is not one to miss if you're in D.C. While this restaurant may be on the pricey side, the taste definitely makes up for the cost. Rosa Mexicano uses only the freshest ingredients and the most aesthetically pleasing displays-- you'll for sure get a good meal and a good 'gram out of this one.

Rosa Mexicano is located at 575 7th St. NW

8. Oyamel

Jose Andres brought Mexico City to D.C. with Oyamel. Its creative menu features seafood salads, lots of veggies, and authentic Mexican tacos in hand-made corn tortillas. Oyamel also has a massive brunch menu that includes churros with a side of hot chocolate, as well as a beverage list with eight different margaritas and more cocktails than you could ever try. If you're looking for a high-end, boujee Mexican meal in the heart of D.C., Oyamel is for sure your best bet. 

Oyamel is located at 401 7th St. NW

If you're looking to satisfy your never-ending cravings for guac and tacos, be sure to try one of these Mexican restaurants in D.C. Whether it's for happy hour, dinner, or bottomless brunch, you just can't go wrong with any of these Mexican restaurants in Washington, D.C.