Lollapalooza is a music festival in Chicago full of fun times, crazy people, great music, and even better food. Bruno Mars and The Weeknd headline it this year, along with other top chart singers/bands like Khalid, The Neighborhood, Tyler the Creator, Brockhampton, and more. Since it's a four day long festival, it's essential to stay hydrated and make sure to eat enough in between concerts, especially in Chicago's summer heat. Luckily, Columbus Drive, the street that runs through the middle of the festival, coined "chow town", is lined with tons of food options catered by Chicago's best restaurants. Here are suggestions on the best places to get a quick bite in between concerts and some tips on how to survive Lolla—and trust me, you'll need these.

BEFORE LOLLA

Tip #1: Sleep in as late as possible

The next few days will be full of fun, but by the end of the night you will be exhausted...make sure to get a lot of sleep in the days prior to Lolla to ensure that you will be able to survive the whole festival.

Tip #2: Drink a lot of water

It's very important to stay hydrated because you'll be on your feet and in the sun most of the day. I'd recommend drinking lots of water and even Gatorade, Powerade or Vitamin Water to prepare your body.

Tip #3: Eat a big meal

The concerts start at 12pm, but most people start around 2 and 3pm. This allows time before to grab brunch or lunch in the city. Some of my favorite spots for brunch in the city are Little Goat and Summer House Santa Monica. For lunch, the "really good ahi tuna burger with sweet potato fries" from Hub 51 will definitely keep you full throughout the afternoon. Some other good places near Millenium Park are The Gage, Cosi, and Tavern at the Park.

DURING LOLLA

Tip #4: Don't forget to eat!

It's easy to forget to eat due to all the fun, dancing, concerts, and drinking, but it's necessary to re-fuel. At Lollapalooza, there are food stands spanning two blocks full of delicious food. It's easy to get overwhelmed and pick the first thing you see, so to ensure you get what you want, here are some great options:

-"Lobster corndog" from Graham Elliot

-"Mac n' cheese grilled cheese" from Cheesies

-"Cheeseburger" from Billy Goat Tavern

-"Chicken and waffles" from Mad Social

-"Chicken potstickers" from Wao Bao 

-"Rainbow cone" from The Original Rainbow Cone

-"Chips and Guacamole" from Broken English Taco Pub

-"Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwich" from County BBQ

-"Deep dish cheese pizza" from Lou Malnati's Pizza

Tip #5: Rehydrate at the filling stations

Bring an empty water bottle or camelback so you can fill up your water bottle and stay hydrated. There are filling stations at various points around Grant Park, so be sure to fill up when you see one.

Tip #6: Stay with your squad

There are huge crowds at Lolla, so it's important to keep everyone with you before trying to move closer to the stage or leaving a concert. 

Tip #7: Be safe

Just like your mom tells you before you go anywhere, be safe and smart!!! Lolla is fun, but it's easy for some people to get out of control. Don't drink too much, be wary of strangers, know your surroundings, and keep your phone and money in a fanny pack to keep them secure.

Tip #8: Wear old shoes

Your shoes will be very muddy by the end of the four days so wear an old pair of tennis shoes or Vans that you don't care about.

AFTER LOLLA

After Lolla, you're likely going to be very tired and want to sleep, but if you are still looking for a fun night out, some good places to go for a nightcap are Cindy's Rooftop Bar for drinks overlooking Millennium Park, Three Dots and a Dash for fun cocktails and appetizers, or if you're looking for a fun vibe, head to Happy Camper Chicago and grab some late night pizza.

Good luck!