Dairy Queen has been serving blizzards upside down and having customers lick that signature swirl off the cones for around for 77 years. DQ is a childhood classic for almost every kid who grew up in the midwest. You scored a goal in your soccer game? DQ. You're hanging out with your grandparents? DQ. You just got done with a long bike ride on a hot day? DQ. It was the go-to treat in the summer.

It may feel like we Midwesterners know our DQ like the back of our hand. However, DQ has been keeping part of their menu secret from us for years. 

1. Crunch Cone

The crunch coat is a delicious topping consisting of sprinkles and crushed peanut butter nougats, aka the epitome of sweet and salty mixes.  When you order, you need to ask for a vanilla cone (any size) and ask for a crunch coat on it. The crunch coat is only available at certain locations so if your cashier gives you a funny look, that DQ may not carry it.

2. Peanut Butter

Okay, I get that its not really a secret menu item as much as an ingredient but it is life changing. You can ask to have peanut butter mixed into any Blizzard to add some protein or if you are just a fiend for the taste. My go-to is a Reese's blizzard with extra peanut butter swirled in.

3. Cherry-Dipped Cone

Move over chocolate dipped cone, there's a new player in town. The cherry-dipped cone has been a secret option since my childhood but its about to be your new favorite. Eaters of cherry Dilly Bars rejoice. To order this, you ask for a vanilla cone dipped in a cherry coat or simply a cherry-dipped cone. 

4. Marshmallow Creme

This topping is a sweet delight sure to take you back to childhood memories of eating marshmallows straight from the bag. You can ask for this topping on pretty much any treat at DQ. Add it to your sundae to give it some extra sweetness or even add extra to your s'more Blizzard. 

5. Float

Order a pop or Misty Slush of your choosing then politely ask the worker to put a dollop of their famous soft serve. There you have it: your very own DQ float. Get creative and mix it up with different Misty Slush flavors like cherry, grape, lemon-lime, blue raspberry, and strawberry kiwi. There is nothing like slurping one of these down after being at the pool all day.

Relive the nostalgia this summer and hit up DQ with your buds (or even by yourself because no one's judging). If you're looking to give the classic DQ items a new spin, try one of these frozen delicacies that are not so secret anymore.