Did you know that the word “situationship” was one of the finalists for the Oxford Word of the Year? Now that I think of it, I heard situationship being frequently used to describe a “relationship” more than I care to admit (yes, I had one too many, it’s rough out here). But in the case you have no idea what that word means, Oxford defines it as, “a romantic or sexual relationship that is not considered to be formal or established.” The term captures the uncertainty that many people feel about their relationships and brands are taking note. With Valentine’s Day coming up, instead of the iconic “Be Mine” heart-shaped candies, why not opt for Sweethearts’ “Situationship Boxes” with literal blurred and mixed messages instead?

What are Sweethearts’ “Situationship Boxes?"

With phrases like “U R Cute” and “Hug Me” printed on the colorful candies, the conversation hearts are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat. They can be used to convey to your crush what you're feeling, something to give your friends on Galentine's Day, or just a cute decoration candy to celebrate February 14th. But what about those who aren’t in the "Marry Me" or “Love Birds” stage yet? 

The "Situationship Boxes" align more with the current dating trends where most relationships aren't explicitly defined. The heart-shaped candies will have blurred and mixed messages that capture the current dating scene. At the bottom of the bright red box, the heart-shaped company has “Messages as blurry as your relationship” (okay, ouch).

These limited-edition boxes full of literal sweet nothings will be available for purchase on the heart-shaped candies' website on January 8 at 9 a.m. EST.