If you find yourself staring at the never-ending wall of color options every time you go to the nail salon this fall, you're not alone. Whether you're an advocate for dark colors or prefer the more neutral tones, your favorite fall food can tell you which color to choose.

Pumpkin

One of the most common fall favorites is, of course, pumpkins. Maybe you're an avid fan of Starbuck's pumpkin spice latte or enjoy a freshly-baked pumpkin pie after a day of pumpkin picking. The possibilities of incorporating pumpkin into fall foods are endless.

sweet, pumpkin

Your pumpkin-loving go-to colors are:

OPI: Pants on Fire!

Essie: Say it ain't Soho

Apples

Another frequent fall favorite is apples. While they are unbelievably healthy for you, they are also unbelievably delicious and refreshing. Apples can be used to make pies, turnovers, cakes, and even juice.

apples, Fuji apple, Fruit, whole apple

To complement your day full of apple picking, try an alluring, rich, red like: 

OPI: Malaga Wine

OPI: Big Apple Red

Cider Donuts

Cider donuts could be considered one of the most enticing desserts of the fall season. Almost every local farm has a fresh batch of these babies waiting to be devoured, so why not match your nails to them? 

doughnut, sweet, pastry, cake, chocolate, bread, candy, cinnamon
Maria Glander

Create the perfect Instagram post with this color:

Essie: Sand Tropez

Essie: Truth or Bare

Soup

Soup on a cold and windy fall day can make you warm and cozy. Maybe you enjoy split pea soup, French onion soup, butternut squash soup, or even tomato soup. All are delicious flavors that will help get you into the fall spirit.

squash, carrot, pumpkin, parsley, cream, soup, bisque, butternut squash soup, butternut
Julia Gilman

If soup is your fall food of choice, consider these cozy colors:

OPI: The First Lady Of Nails

China Glaze: Sunset Seeker

Candy

As Halloween Rolls around, and you know what that means: candy, candy, and more candy. Metallics and flashy shades are the best color to choose when it's time to go trick-or-treating. 

candy, Reeses, Halloween
Emma Salters

Match your flashy nails to your pillowcase full of candy:

Urban Outfitters: Hologram Nail Polish

Essie: Good As Gold

Pecan Pie

Pecan Pie is often baked during Thanksgiving, but who says your nails can't get festive before this pie is baked?

chocolate, pecan, sweet, cake, pie, pastry, candy
Sam Jesner

Get this during your next appointment:

Butter London: Caramel Cafe

Essie: Mink Muffs