In light of the holiday season, I figured I'd try to one-up my grandmother and make some Pinterest holiday treats. I like to think that I am pretty gifted when it comes to baking, but based on what I've seen, Pinterest recipes are the real test. 

1. Reindeer Rice Krispie

sweet, candy, chocolate, cake, goody, cookie
Emma Weir

First off, I came across these pretty basic reindeer rice krispies. I really thought this was going to be the easiest one, but things took a turn. First of all, I bought caramel chocolate drizzled rice krispies by accident (#Spoontip read labels). Then, I started drawing all the antlers on after I put the popsicle sticks in and drew them upside down —Granny = 1, Emma = 0. 

2. Oreo Penguins

chocolate, cake, marshmallow, cupcake
Emma Weir

Next, I decided to tackle these cute little Oreo penguins. Overall this one was a success. My penguins looked pretty damn good next to the "Pinterest god" who created this in the first place. Side note: they're kind of annoying to eat because there's so much candy on them, but nevertheless chocolate covered Oreo's are always delicious.

3. Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites

chocolate, sweet, cookie, candy, coconut
Emma Weir

Though I'm not a huge fan of cheesecake, I decided to make these gingerbread cheesecake bites. The recipe was really basic and wasn't very hard to pull off, so I would 10/10 recommend this recipe to anyone who's new to the kitchen this season. 

4. Basket Weave Mitten Sugar Cookies

candy, cake, sweet, cookie, mochi
Emma Weir

Alright, these basket weave mitten sugar cookies are easily the most annoying thing you'll ever make. Every time I tried to weave the dough, it would break, so I only weaved enough for two cookies. Don't even get me started with what the oven did to them while baking. Mittens? More like circles.

5. Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Dip

chocolate, candy, sweet, milk, dairy product, coffee, marshmallow
Emma Weir

The final recipe I tried in this somewhat frustrating attempt at Pinterest recipes was a hot cocoa cheesecake dip. This recipe was extremely easy and quick, taking a total of like 10 minutes to make. I took this one to a potluck and it was gone in extremely quick, so overall it was a success.

Overall, I was successful in 3/5. But to be completely honest, my granny probably would have rocked all of the above. And regardless of how they all turned out, my roommates ate them all in 5 minutes — turns out all that matters is the taste anyways.