It all started with my love for tequila shots. Yes, that weird sensation of licking the salt, pouring the bitter, yet sultry liquid down your throat, then sinking your teeth into the lime in a quick 3 seconds — it electrifies me. 

While I could probably just drink tequila straight, my friends constantly gawk at me as if I were downing vomit. So, in efforts to spread my love for tequila to the masses, I purchased tequila-infused gummies to prove that tequila is truly a better liquor than vodka.  

What The F*#!ck Are These?   

What are tequila infused gummies you ask? They are gummy bears that are soaked in tequila, then molded into bear form to eat in tiny waves for those who oppose the full shot. They're sold by a company called Sugarfina, a gourmet candy company geared towards adults and infused with tequila from Casamigos (who randomly, is owned by George Clooney and Rande Gerber lol). The gummies can be infused with several different types of liquor, from rum and vodka to tequila and bourbon. 

What Happened

I began the pregame with one bear, and while it tasted good because it was mixed with margarita flavoring, it did nothing. Therefore, I stepped up my game and shoved four in my mouth at once. All of a sudden four turned into seven, and I still felt nothing. In panic mode, I turned to my friends who didn't feel anything either and thought they tasted disgusting. Not being the tequila lover that I am, my friends quickly switched to vodka. But determined to fulfill my tequila-loving needs, I was not going to quit. To finish the night, I ended up eating 20 gummy bears, which is probably about 3-4 shots worth. 

#SpoonTip: Spoon University does not support binge drinking or underage drinking. Please drink responsible, 21+ friends! 

The Overall Consensus 

While the gummies tasted good, and it was a fun change of pace to eat at the pregame instead of drink, you should probably just stick to the real stuff. Not that they were bad, but it will probably take you less time and money to just pour the shot instead of slowly chewing on it. But hey, if you're more of a flavor person and like to take it slow, this could be your cup of tea. After this experience, I know I will always stick to my tequila and lime, while my friends will go on and sip their vodka mixies.