Everyone from your favorite food blogger to your aunt probably already swears by apple cider vinegar. While its culinary uses are more mainstream, there are way more ways to utilize ACV than you might expect. From the bathroom, to the kitchen, to the garden, read on to find out the best apple cider vinegar hacks. 

1. Skin Toner

vinegar, Apple Cider Vinegar, sweet, cider, juice, apple
Alyssa Modos

Washing your face is necessary to remove a day's worth of grime, but most cleansers can throw your skin's pH out of wack. Toner is meant to pick up any leftover dirt and balance your skin so that your moisturizer can be most effective. Luckily, ACV is a toning powerhouse thanks to its antibacterial properties. Remember to dilute with water. And acne? Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

2. All-Purpose Cleaner

Mixing one part ACV with one part water in a spray bottle will give you a powerful all-purpose cleaner. It's an excellent antibacterial option for scrubbing countertops, the microwave, and the stove. 

3. Mouthwash

Take a natural approach to oral care and mix 2 tsp of vinegar with 1/4 cup of water. This mixture reportedly improves bad breath, tooth stains, and gum infections. You should brush immediately after swishing to prevent the acid from damaging your teeth, and it's probably best to get the go-ahead from your dentist before making this one a long-term habit. 

4. Salad Dressing

lettuce, cheese, spinach, tomato, vegetable, salad
Bernard Wen

While putting vinegar in salad dressing isn't exactly breaking news, it's worth the reminder to stop buying dressing out of a bottle. This apple cider vinegar salad dressing recipe, which balances ACV with ingredients like olive oil, mustard, and honey, is a great way to learn how to upgrade your lunch. 

5. Fluffier Baked Goods

sweetmeat, cookie, sprinkles, muffin, goody, candy, cream, pastry, sweet, cake, chocolate
Jisoo Kim

Who knew? Evidently, adding a bit of acid to your baking (in addition to a base, such as baking soda) creates carbon dioxide gas and gives the final product a little lift. Go science. 

6. Washing Vegetables

Kitchen, sink, Green, lettuce, vegetable, salad, spinach
Julia Gilman

If apple cider vinegar is antibacterial on your face or your countertop, you're damn right it will clean your veggies. Dilute some in a bowl or spray bottle and take your kitchen prep up a notch.

7. Wart Remover

Maybe you don't feel like running into everyone you've ever known while buying wart remover from CVS. No judgement here. Just soak a cotton ball in ACV and attach to the problem area with a bandage overnight. In a few treatments, you should start to see the results. 

8. Hair Rinse

tea, coffee
Becky Hughes

Nothing destroys stubborn buildup and adds shine to your locks like apple cider vinegar will. As always, dilute it a bit, and use instead of a conventional conditioner. Kourtney Kardashian is a believer, too

9. Weed Killer

pasture, vegetable, grass, kale
Maggie Finney

Stop putting chemical-laden mixes on your home garden. Take the safer route by spraying straight-up ACV on growing weeds and potential problem areas. But beware that leaves with a waxy texture may not absorb the ACV, and it will not kill the roots. 

10. Stomach Soother

shots, liquor, alcohol, beer, whisky
Sam Jesner

The next time you have an upset stomach, try a mixture of one cup warm water, one tablespoon ACV, and one tablespoon of honey. The concoction is said to alleviate cramping and discomfort. 

11. Animal Repellant

Elena Levy

Animals young and old seem to be fascinated by chewing on dangerous household products. Rubbing a bit of ACV onto cords every 4-5 days will keep your pets from biting them. 

Apple cider vinegar is a crazy-useful product, but remember not to use such a strong acid irresponsibly. When in doubt, dilute, dilute, dilute.

If you want to really take your ACV addiction to the next level, start making your own — all it takes really is a jar and leftover apple peels.