It’s brutal out here, but you don’t need me to tell you that. If you live on planet Earth right now, you’re probably aware of the heat waves making this summer a scorcher. In this weather, healthy hydration is a must! As UC Davis Health says, “Water should always be your go-to beverage,” but after so much heat, it’s understandable to want to spice — or sweeten — things up a bit.

Here are 5 great hydrating treats to try, plus one special strategy for extra motivation.

1. Infused water

Now we’re talking. My dining hall has been in the know about this for ages: chilled water is good, but chilled water with sliced lemon, cucumber, orange, or fresh mint is fantastic. We've got some great ideas, including combinations of strawberry and lemon, grapefruit and rosemary, and orange and mint!

2. WaterTok recipes

The geniuses of #WaterTok are familiar with the hydration struggle and have cooked up a whole new world of recipes to cool down your summer. For “dole whip water,” this TikTok combines one packet of Sunkist pineapple powder, vanilla syrup to taste, and 16 ounces of water.

3. Special ice cubes

Flowers + fruit = Pinterest pretty. Utilizing safe-to-eat flowers like dandelions, herbs like basil and mint, and fresh or freeze-dried fruit like strawberries, you can create marvelously pretty ice cubes for very little cost! Plus, you get the added challenge of trying to drink your whole beverage before the ice cubes melt and the special add-ins are released.

4. Popsicles

Nothing screams summer like a popsicle. Spoon wrote up 17 great ideas here. Raspberry and honey yoghurt popsicles? Sign me up.

5. Cold soups

You may say you aren’t a cold soup girl, but that’s because you haven’t had tasted my mom's gazpacho yet.

Combine one-quarter green bell pepper, one-quarter red onion, two medium tomatoes, two cucumbers, two cloves of minced garlic, at least three cups of Muir Glen tomato juice, one-quarter cup of red wine vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a blender. Blend until it looks drinkable, taste, adjust the ratio, and add salt, pepper, or other seasonings as you like! (Sriracha optional, but I highly recommend-- this is a summer staple in my house.)

This cold cucumber soup is a classic, too, and this watermelon gazpacho is an out of the box idea.

6. Fun water bottles

Honestly, once I got a quality water bottle and covered it in my favorite stickers, remembering to bring a drink to class got a lottt easier. Who knew?

Klean Kanteen is your source for cute, eco-friendly, quality allies in your hydration game.

Stay fresh!