The holiday season is my favourite time of the year but I find that it can also be stressful. Figuring out what gifts to give, organizing family gatherings, and cooking that big festive dinner can be overwhelming at points and definitely negatively impact your health and wellness. 

This is why it’s important to be mindful of yourself during this time of year and to take the necessary steps to relax and replenish your body, mind, and soul. I mean, what else are the holidays for? 

I put together a gift guide of my favourite health and wellness related products to treat a loved one to — or yourself — this holiday season. With #wellness being such an influential trend right now, these are sure to please anyone looking for a bit of TLC!

1. An Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Diffuser 

Saje has a beautiful selection of ultrasonic aromatherapy diffusers to choose from and is known for their wide variety of diffuser blends that are made to uplift, soothe, and awaken the senses. You get the same ambience as you would from burning a candle without breathing in toxic chemicals. 

2. A Sturdy Yoga Mat

It's no secret that yoga is one of the best ways to practice mindfulness. However, it's not so relaxing when you're trying to hold your downward dog but your hands keep slipping on your mat. The key to a stress-free practice is a sturdy yoga mat. I've had my beloved Lululemon yoga mat for years and it is still perfectly intact even after the sweatiest hot yoga sessions. 

3. A Daily Journal 

While you can always just write in a plain old notebook, The Five Minute Journal is a great alternative because it offers prompts to reflect daily in the morning and night. Taking the time to do so helps keep you grounded and allows you to focus on the positive aspects of your day so that you can stay mindful. 

4.  An Aesthetically Pleasing Water Bottle 

It's no secret that drinking water is the key to improved health and wellness. It is the optimal way to replenish our bodies to ensure that all our organs function as best as they can. That is why it is key to carry around a water bottle with you everywhere you go. The bottles from BKR are some of the nicest on the market. The glass design is both environmentally friendly and stylish so it's a win-win! 

5. A Silk Sleep Mask

A good night's sleep is key to improved health and wellness so why not sleep in a luxurious silk sleep mask from the Kourtney Kardashian endorsed brand Slip. Talk about a Sleeping Beauty!

6. Beautifying Supplements 

Clear, radiant skin starts from within. That is why Carla Oates, naturopath and founder of  The Beauty Chef, created a line of natural inner beauty skin care products that will have you feeling your best inside and out. 

7. A Pocket Pharmacy 

I could have based this entire gift guide on Saje products alone but if I could choose one more thing, it would be their pocket pharmacy. It has every natural remedy you need on the go, including their bestselling Peppermint Halo which will soothe your headache in minutes and would make the perfect gift for anyone looking for a natural alternative to traditional medicine. 

8. Luxurious Bath Salts

Herbivore Botanicals is one of my newest discoveries and their products are made with the highest quality all-natural ingredients sourced from around the world. Their bath salts are invigorating and will ease any tension you are feeling. Perfect for a relaxing soak before bed! 

9. Matcha Green Tea 

Matcha is a great alternative to drinking coffee and is overall more beneficial for our health. Every tea company is jumping on the trend but David's Tea has a great variety of blends with different origins and flavours. 

10. A Clean Eating Cookbook 

Celebrity makeup artist and beauty expert Wendy Rowe is best known for her holistic approach to skincare. Her book Eat Beautiful is filled with beautifying recipes that will help you look and feel your best from within.  

Happy Holidays and please #StayMindful