This spring, Starbucks is expanding its menu with the Cinnamon Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew. Although its olive oil lineup caused a lot of controversy on the internet, Starbucks is releasing tasty new drinks to try when studying for midterm exams. This drink is meant to taste like a gooey cinnamon roll treat, according to a press release Here at Spoon, we love sweet-treat o’clock, and we had to try this drink for ourselves.

At first glance, the Cinnamon Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew has a decadent aesthetic that definitely elicits the morning treat it is modeled after. It looks beautiful on camera to share with your followers. With the first sip of the drink, I got a very strong coffee taste with an intense bitterness. But, nitro cold brews at Starbucks are more coffee-forward than other orders, so that makes sense. Then, I mixed the drink by waving it in circles which swirled in the cinnamon caramel cream with the coffee. I took another sip and the bitterness wasn't as strong. Now, the sweet cinnamon roll taste was the only thing my taste buds could focus on.

Image by Starbucks

With this last week before spring break piling up with school work and exams, this new Cinnamon Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew was released at the right time. If you need the extra caffeine to stay awake for an all-nighter, but also do not like the strong bitter taste of coffee, then this is for you. Just make sure to mix the drink with the cream so you only taste the cinnamon! I absolutely loved the cinnamon caramel cream and will be adding it onto my other drinks to remind me of what a cinnamon roll tastes like, as a gluten-free eater.