As a Rutgers student (but a native Ohioan), I love to travel around the East Coast. On one of my most recent adventures, I drove to Boston for spring break. I spent a week exploring the area and trying some of the best bites in Boston.

Here are four Boston eateries you must get a bite from of when you visit.

Kenzie Trikouros

Tatte (like latte) 

I stayed in Beacon Hill, one of Boston’s most historic neighborhoods. Right down the street from my Airbnb was Tatte, pronounced like “latte.”

I was with my cousin for the week, and this was our go-to spot for coffee, lunch, and even dessert. My favorite food item from Tatte was from the sandwich menu.

The chicken pita was filled with roasted chicken breast, tomato, red onion, parsley, baby lettuce, and green herb dressing. The green herb dressing was to die for. I got this twice on the trip. 

Kenzie Trikouros

The best drink I tried at Tatte was their sparkling matcha lemonade. I hesitated to get a cold drink in the cold weather, but I enjoyed the flavors. It would be the perfect drink on a sunny spring day.

Kenzie Trikouros

I got the chance to try the cheesecakes and tiramisu. The fruit on top was a perfect addition to the sweet, creamy cheesecake. I also tried the apple turnover and hot chai latte.

Everything on the menu sounded delicious; it was hard to pick what to get when I wanted it all. Tatte is the first place I recommend to anyone who is visiting Boston.

There are locations all over the city, so there are plenty of opportunities to give it a try.

Kenzie Trikouros

Buttermilk and Bourbon

This tapas-style restaurant is definitely worth making a reservation. This restaurant style means you order plates of entrees and appetizers to share with your table — so fun!

In 2021, I visited Boston for the first time, and the first restaurant I tried was Buttermilk and Bourbon.

That initial exposure to Boston food exceeded my expectations. So, of course, I had to go back when I had the opportunity three years later. 

Kenzie Trikouros

I have not stopped telling everyone about the burrata with wild mushroom pesto, truffle honey, ham, and focaccia bread. I cannot emphasize enough how delectable this dish was.

I wish I had known about this flavor combination sooner. The mushroom pesto combined with the creamy burrata was divine. I would eat it every day if I could.

I also got the fried chicken thighs with BBQ syrup. My cousin and I shared the beignets à la mode with soft-serve ice cream for dessert. 

Kenzie Trikouros

The vibes and energy in this restaurant were immaculate. With dim, purple lighting and mosaic lamps filling the room, it is hard not to relax and enjoy your meal.

Kenzie Trikouros

I am now on a mission to make a mushroom pesto that is as enjoyable as Buttermilk and Bourbon’s was.

Add this restaurant to your bucket list, and bring an empty stomach.

This is definitely one of the best bites in Boston.

Crazy Good Kitchen (C.G.K.)

After a few hours of walking around Newbury Street and exploring more of Back Bay (a neighborhood in Boston), Crazy Good Kitchen is the perfect place to refuel.

The menu is full of burgers, fries, and chicken — three of my favorite things. I was torn between ordering a burger or loaded fries.

I ended up ordering the BBQ ranch chicken fries, which were loaded with sauces and had a parsley garnish.

Kenzie Trikouros

To top it all off, I also ordered a Caesar salad. I thought I could demolish these fries, but I was so wrong. 

Kenzie Trikouros

I ate until I couldn’t anymore and had barely made a dent. I took the rest home and had them as a snack later.

When I go back to Boston, I have to try the milkshakes and chicken sandwiches from Crazy Good Kitchen. I can't wait.

This is a great place to go to if you are also dining with pickier eaters, making it another one of (in my opinion) the best bites in Boston.

Café Bonjour

I never thought I would be a crepe lover, but Café Bonjour changed that.

Looking at the menu beforehand is like second nature to me when it comes to dining out, but I didn’t do that this time. It took me forever to pick a crepe. It was deciding between sweet and savory that had me stressed.

I got the savory Montecristo crepe with ham, goat cheese, toasted almonds, and local Boston honey.

Kenzie Trikouros

This was truly a good meal. The ham and goat cheese paired well with the sweet honey and almonds.

In contrast to mine, my cousin got a sweet Bonjour Classic crepe topped with Nutella and bananas.

Kenzie Trikouros

I saw a table of friends sharing a plate of French toast and a plate of eggs benedict. That told me everyone might have trouble picking one thing, and there is a simple solution: they share.

If I were to go again, I would order the sweet apple pie crepe that includes granny smith apples, cinnamon, toasted almonds topped with caramel glaze, and whipped cream.

I might also order the eggs Benedict, though. Or maybe I should look more closely at the menu before making my final decision…

Kenzie Trikouros