When I came across this recipe, I was a little hesitant to try it. I’m usually all about the healthifying foods, but carrot cake just seemed like a far stretch. Carrot cake is one of my favorite desserts and I thought perhaps this recipe could help treat my sweet tooth without sacrificing my road to obtaining a summer body, if you know what I mean — and I was right.

These energy balls are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast, pre-workout or post-workout snack, or even simply as dessert. They take absolutely no time to make. The best part is you can make them ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. That means that you’ve got yourself breakfast or snacks in the fridge ready for Monday through Friday.

Carrot Cake Energy Balls

• 1 cup carrots chopped
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 1/2 cup ground flax
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon pink himalayan or sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
  • 2 ½ tablespoons raw honey
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips {optional}
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil {optional}
truffle, mushroom
Lissane Kafie

Gather all your ingredients. You will need a food processor for this recipe. Chop up your carrots before you begin.

rice, sweet, candy
    Lissane Kafie

In a food processor, mix your carrots, oats, coconut, ground flax, cinnamon, sea salt, ginger, and honey together. (You might want to split this part in half, depending on the ability of your food processor to resist the amount of ingredients you are putting in). Blend until everything is chopped finely.

honey, muesli, wheat, sweet, granola, corn, oatmeal, cereal
    Lissane Kafie

Add in the raisins and process until they are coarsely chopped. If you'd like, you can add chocolate chips to make them slightly less healthier but also very, very delicious.

chocolate
    Lissane Kafie

Using 1 tablespoon (or any measurement you'd like), scoop up the mixture into your hands and form a ball. If your mixture is a little dry, use coconut oil to moisten it and form the balls with your hands. Roll them out in your hands gently to smooth them out.

Lissane Kafie

Who said dessert couldn’t be nutritious and delicious? Try this recipe at home and turn your snacking game to a whole other level and prove to everyone you have what it takes to master the art of healthy snacking.