I don't know about you, but something I always struggle with in college is eating breakfast. Often times I wake up late, throw on some makeup, brush my teeth and head out the door. Fast forward to about halfway through my first class and I'm suddenly starving with absolutely nothing to eat. 

That's why I started making overnight oats. It's extremely convenient, much more filling than a sugary granola bar and way cheaper than having to buy food on campus every day. 

Keep reading for the recipe I've been using for about a year and have truly perfected!

1/2 cup old fashioned oats

1 scoop protein powder (I use Quest's Vanilla Milkshake which is the BEST protein powder I've ever tried and would highly recommend it) 

1 whole mashed banana

1 tablespoon PB2 (you can also use regular peanut butter)

1 teaspoon cinnamon 

1 cup of water or almond milk (you may need more or less than one cup depending on what type/brand of protein powder you use)

A handful of fresh berries

A handful of Trader Joe's Jumbo Raisin Medley (these raisins are amazing and I've repurchased them a countless number of times, they are also so good in banana bread)

If you aren't a raisin person I would add in 2-3 chopped up Medjool Dates, as I think the flavor and texture of dried fruits in oatmeal is absolutely delicious. 

Piche Charnsethikul

I like to put my oats in a mason jar because it fits in the side pocket of my backpack, but any Tupperware or container would work. 

Directions: 

1) Add mashed banana, oatmeal and protein powder to the container. I know this looks like a lot of protein powder but just trust me! It adds so much to the flavor and helps to keep you full for much longer. 

Piche Charnsethikul

2) Pour liquids (almond milk or water) and stir ingredients until you get the consistency you like. Remember the oats will soak up some of the liquid overnight so you don't really have to worry about overdoing it. Below is a picture of the consistency I like. 

3) Add in PB2 powder and cinnamon. 

Piche Charnsethikul

4) Add in raisins and berries. I like blackberries the best. Mix up everything well. 

Piche Charnsethikul

5) Store in the fridge overnight

6) Wake up in the morning and eat! :) 

I really think I could eat overnight oats every day for the rest of my life and never get tired of them. I hope you love them as much as I do!