Rice Krispie Treats and Oreos are both classic after school snacks. So, it obviously makes sense to combine the two into Oreo Rice Krispies bars.

Mixing different candies or cookies into Rice Krispies Treats is nothing new, but these bars are special because they are layered, and have the option to mix in things like M&M's too.

There are two main components to the bars, an Oreo cookie crumble, and a Rice Krispies layer made extra special with Oreo filling mixed in. This makes the Rice Krispies layer extra sweet, and adds an Oreo flavor without mixing in huge pieces of cookie. 

Oreo Rice Krispie Treat Bars

• Cook Time:0

• 1 package Double Stuf Oreo Cookies
  • 8 tablespoons butter divided
  • 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
  • 1 package miniature marshmallows
dairy product, pastry, cream, cake, chocolate, sweet
Ethan Cappello

Grease a brownie or cake tin with butter along the bottom and sides.

cake
    Ethan Cappello

Separate the Oreo halves. Put the filling into a bowl, and the cookies into a plastic bag.

chocolate
    Ethan Cappello

Squeeze the air out of the bag, and with a rolling pin, pan, or bottle, crush the Oreos into fine pieces.

vegetable, fish
    Ethan Cappello

Pour the cookies into a bowl and mix 5 tablespoons of melted butter in with a wooden spoon.

coffee, tea
    Ethan Cappello

Press the cookie and butter mixture into the pan. Use a glass to firmly press the mixture down. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

black beans, coffee, cereal
    Ethan Cappello

In a saucepan over low heat, melt the marshmallows, remaining 3 tablespoons of butter, and Oreo filling, stirring constantly.

cream, sweet, chocolate, milk, coffee
    Ethan Cappello

Once everything is melted, pour in the cereal and mix together. Don't be afraid to use your hands.

wheat, corn, porridge, milk, rice, cereal
    Ethan Cappello

Take the pan out of the refrigerator, and press the Rice Krispies layer on top of the Oreo crust, again using your hands or the bottom of a glass. Allow to cool and enjoy.

porridge, wheat, rice, cereal
    Ethan Cappello

Rice Krispie Treats are best eaten the day they are made, so invite all of your friends over. If you eat them all yourself, no judgement passed here, they're addictive.