Whatever your thoughts are on the appropriate timing for holiday decorations, music, etc., we can all agree on one thing: it's never too early for cookies. Cookies never go out of style, and neither does making them in fun shapes for dipping into frosting. Need I say more? So, get in your kitchen, and wow your family members with these festive fries — perfect for any holiday party, family gathering or winter break long veg-out session on the couch.

If you haven't hopped on the gingerbread bandwagon, this recipe works just as well with sugar cookies and other non-lumpy batters. Though, 'tis the season, isn't it?

Gingerbread Cookie Fries

• 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly milled black pepper
  • 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup unsulfured molasses
  • 1 large egg
chocolate, cream, ice, milk
Molly Ade

Preheat your oven to 350° F. Combine the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt & pepper in a medium bowl.

Molly Ade

In a large bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for about 2 minutes (until the mixture is combined well and light in color and texture).

Molly Ade

Beat in the molasses and egg.

Molly Ade

Gradually mix in the flour until the dough is stiff and sticky.

Molly Ade

Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and throw it in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes (until it’s stiff, but not frozen).

Molly Ade

Flour your surface and rolling pin to prevent sticking. Roll out the dough into a large, thin rectangle and use a pizza cutter (or sharp knife) to cut the dough crosswise into 3/4"-1" thick strips. Cut the strips in half lengthwise, and trim the edges to create straight sides.

Molly Ade

Bake for 12-15 minutes (until golden brown), dip into your favorite frostings, and enjoy.

Molly Ade