Like many, I tend to have low expectations for airplane food; I’ve learned to be satisfied with a packet of unsalted peanuts. Now imagine my surprise and delight on a flight a few years back when a flight attendant handed me something that had an actual taste: Biscoff cookies. Cinnamon-y, crisp, and straight out of Belgium, these cookies made their mark on my heart. 

Fast forward to an ordinary Wegmans excursion, in which I stumbled across a jar of these legendary cookies… in a spread. The game was forever changed. I consider myself a Nutella fan, but Biscoff definitely gives it a run for its money.

Biscoff spread is vegan, nut-free, and even has less calories and sugar than everyone’s favorite hazelnut spread. Nutella may have a cult following, but these 5 Biscoff spread recipes just might convert you. 

1. Biscoff Spread Gooey Butter Cake

If you like the rich things in life, bake this aesthetically-pleasing skillet cake immediately. Biscoff spread is clearly the star ingredient, but watch out: the crust AND the filling are loaded with butter, making for an intense experience. If you just can't get enough, the baker suggests topping with more spread, Biscoff cookies, and whipped cream.

2. Biscoff Ice Cream

Do I really need to give reasons why Biscoff ice cream would improve your life drastically? No, but here are a few anyway: it's thick and creamy, doesn't require eggs, and only takes half an hour to make. Sign me up.

3. No-Bake Biscoff Granola Bars

Granola bars are the ultimate college-friendly snack: easy to make and perfect for eating on-the-go. These Biscoff spread granola bars are no exception. They'll be sure to elevate your snack arsenal–no baking required. 

4. Salted Caramel Biscoff Dip 

Is it a snack? Is it a dessert? Either way, salted caramel Biscoff dip is super easy to make for potlucks and late-night snacks alike. Pair with apples and your daily serving of fruit will never be boring again. 

5. Biscoff Banana Bread with Biscoff Cookie Streusel

This bread is for the true fanatics. A buttery cookie streusel provides the perfect complement to the banana and Biscoff spread-filled base. Put some more Biscoff spread on top if you're feeling extra bold. 

Biscoff may be the new Nutella, but if you just can't kick your first love to the curb, whip up this malted Nutella and Biscoff brownie torte to get the best of both worlds.