My brother told me after my most recent breakup that one of the best things you can do after a breakup is make bread. The thing is, there are different stages of a breakup, so there are different breads for those stages: Brazilian Cheese Bread for the grief stage, Zucchini Bread for the "I'm-gonna-win-the-breakup" stage, and this, Banana Coconut Bread with Cinnamon Streusel for the angry stage. Nothing heals the heart aftere45r0ilko breaking up with a guy (sorry, girls) than mashing bananas and chopping up nuts. 

The Best Breakup Banana Coconut Bread with Cinnamon Streusel

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 25 mins

• Bread:
  • 2 very ripe bananas mashed
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts
  • 2 cups flour I used whole wheat
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • Crumb Topping:
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 stick butter
Kate Dolan

First, take your overripe and shriveling bananas and put them in a bowl. Take a fork and start mashing them, getting out any anger you may have had towards the disappointingly sized bananas. Maybe next time, look for bigger bananas at the grocery store. Then, combine bananas and eggs together, but super carefully and safely because there's no room for a mistake.

egg, dairy product
    Kate Dolan

Take your unchopped nuts of your choice, whatever is most healing, take a knife, and cut that shit up into medium sized pieces. Reminisce over what was, and realize how much better those nuts would have been if they were solidified in their decisions and had the courage to say something. Add to the wet mixture.

cereal
    Kate Dolan

Next, add sugar to sweeten how bitter it may seem, oil, yogurt, vanilla, and coconut flakes in the bowl.

rice, chicken, soup
    Kate Dolan

In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt to reflect how salty you might be about the whole situation. But don't worry, there's enough sugar to make you realize how sweet a bad situation can be after all is said and reflected on.

flour, cake, chocolate, coffee, dough
    Kate Dolan

Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and put the batter into a 8x8 pan. Next prepare your streusel.

cake, chocolate, banana
    Kate Dolan

Take the cold butter, as cold as the heart of your ex, and chop into small pieces. Put in a bowl with the 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Mash with your hand until you get a crumbly texture. This might feel very therapeutic.

chocolate, cake
    Kate Dolan

Put in a preheated 350 degree oven for an hour. At around 45 minutes, take a toothpick or skewer and stab the bread right down the middle. When the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is ready.

coffee, chocolate, espresso
    Kate Dolan

You can either let it cool and snack on it for the next couple of days, thinking about all the power you have and how capable you are, or you can eat it warm, with butter, and let all of that weak man power be crushed by your teeth. The choice is yours.

rice, chicken
    Kate Dolan

So, there it is. Lemme tell you, I made this bread and have been munching on it which watching TV shows that make me laugh. It's like it absorbs the anger and makes everything okay again. I think this might be the best breakup bread I've made yet, and I hope you try it, too. JSYK, you don't have to break-up to make this, but chopping those nuts might not have the same effect. Take care of yourselves, y'all!