You can’t get more classic than chocolate chip cookies. But while the traditional chocolate chip is absolutely delicious, why settle for something that’s been done so many times before? In this recipe, as with most chocolate chip cookie recipes, the cookies are extraordinarily sweet. The presence of small chunks of bacon cuts some of that sweetness with a little salt, creating an absolutely perfect sweet and salty bite. But, the best thing about these treats is that they can achieve all of this flavor without any gluten or dairy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 12-15 cookies
2 cups almond flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4-5 strips bacon
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk (I used almond milk, but any milk will do)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut bacon into small chunks.
3. In a large frying pan, fry bacon until crispy.
4. When cooked, transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the grease. Let cool completely.
5. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
6. In a separate bowl, beat coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and milk until fully combined.
7. Add wet mixture to dry mixture.
8. Crumble bacon into the dough, and add chocolate chips.
9. Scoop tablespoon-sized amounts of dough onto the baking sheet, about two inches apart. Slightly press down on the tops of the cookies.
10. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are slightly browned.
Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?