Everyone says that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Sometimes, it can be hard to find something flavorful and healthy to eat. Breakfast toast is one of the most common things to eat first thing in the morning. At the same time, it can get pretty boring, and might not even be filling enough to get you to lunch without your stomach rumbling.

Over the summer, I found new ways to spice up my breakfast toast. I realized that plain toast with butter left me unsatisfied, and hungry not too long after. So I tried some new recipes that were tasty, filling, and healthy all at once. Lucky for you, I'm here today to share my knowledge with the Spooniverse!

I used organic toast full of healthy grains, but these combos will work on any type of toast.

Peanut Butter Banana Toast

peanut butter, peanut, butter, chocolate

For this one, you need one banana, two slices of toast, and peanut butter. I used all-natural peanut butter. Just spread it on the toast, slice the banana, and put it on top. You're good to go!

Almond Butter Berry Toast

berry, raspberry, sweet, strawberry
Torey Walsh

Almond butter is so delicious. I tried it for the first time this summer and fell in love. For this, you need two slices of toast, almond butter, and berries. I like to use raspberries or blueberries. You can also sprinkle some coconut flakes on top for extra nutrients and deliciousness.

Avocado and Egg Toast 

avocado, bread, guacamole, toast, egg, hummus, spread
Katie Luchette

A yummy twist to avocado toast. For this, you need two slices of toast, one avocado, two eggs, salt, and pepper. Scoop the inside of the avocado into a bowl and mash it. Fry two eggs. Spread the avocado on the toast and top each slice with the fried egg. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.

Nutella and Strawberry Toast 

pasture, sweet, strawberry, berry, Fresh, Fruit, farmer's market
Caroline Ingalls

Who doesn't love Nutella? For this one, you'll need toast, Nutella (or any hazelnut topping) and strawberries. Spread the Nutella on each slice and then chop up some strawberries to put on top. This is also really good with banana. 

Hummus and Cucumber Toast

cucumber, vegetable
Alex Frank

This is a popular bagel favorite, but I tried it on toast and it was just as amazing. You'll need toast, your choice of hummus, and cucumber. Spread the hummus and slice some cucumber to put on top. While a savory breakfast isn't for everyone, this delicious meal was perfect for me.

Mediterranean Toast

sweet, egg, candy, egg yolk
Justin Shannin

As a Greek vegetarian, the only Greek food I really get to enjoy is Greek salad. This toast is close to being a Greek salad on bread. Spread some hummus, fresh chopped tomatoes, sliced kalamata olives, feta cheese, and hard-boiled eggs onto your toast, and enjoy. 

BLT (With Egg)

cherry tomato, cherry, pasture, tomato, vegetable
Caroline Ingalls

For this one, you're recreating a BLT on toast. I used vegan bacon (I recommend the Yves brand), chopped lettuce, and sliced tomato. Fry an egg and put it on top.  

Voila! 7 new breakfast toasts for each day of the week. Nobody likes to be "hangry" at 11AM, so these will definitely tide you over. They are easy to modify to suit your specific likes or dietary needs, and are easy to make!