Fall is the season for comfort food, which is why, in addition to an excuse to wear sweatpants, I love it so much. Pumpkin spice lattes, cinnamon rolls, and butternut squash soup can be found in abundance, and let's not forget about PIE, specifically the beloved pie crust.

Whether it's Thanksgiving, game day, or you just feel like baking a pie, keep in mind that the fillings aren't the only aspect worth switching up every once in a while. Here are seven delicious pie crust recipes gathered from your fellow Spoonies, so you know they're going to be great.

1. Simple 5-Ingredient Pie Crust

This recipe is for a basic pie crust that's super easy to make, but tastes like it took you hours in the kitchen. I love the delicious buttery flakiness of a simple crust, so much so that I sometimes pick it off the edges. The addition of cinnamon in the pie crust recipe means it pairs well with a fruit filling.

2. Sugar Cookie Crust

Erica Coulter

If you want to get a little more out-of-the-box with your crust, try this sugar cookie crust recipe, which is inspired by a sugar cookie dough. The recipe simplifies the process by using a roll of store-bought dough, but feel free to make your own from scratch using any of your favorite sugar cookie recipes.

This crust is a creative way to give the classic pumpkin pie a bit of a makeover.

3. Cinnamon Roll Crust

Sidney Uttam

If you want to get a lot more out-of-the-box, this pie recipe uses store-bought cinnamon rolls to make a sugary sweet crust that's reminiscent of your favorite breakfast pastry.

The classic apples and cinnamon pairing would be heavenly baked into this crust, but if you want something a little different it could also be a great way to spice up a pumpkin or coconut cream pie.

4. 4-Ingredient Vegan Pie Crust

Sarah Adler

Yes, it's possible for a vegan pie crust to be both simple and yummy. Just try this vegan pie crust recipe that has only four ingredients. It's flaky like a normal crust, but uses vegetable oil instead of butter. Many pie fillings can be made vegan with a few substitutions, but why not use an already tried-and-true recipe like this butterscotch cinnamon pie or this cranberry apple cider option?

5. Gluten-Free Pie Crust

apple pie, peach, tart, apple, pie
Maddy Schier

We're accommodating all kinds of dietary restrictions here. This gluten-free crust, which also happens to be dairy free, is made of almond and coconut flours, which are common in paleo baking and add a sweet, nutty taste to the recipe. Since this pie crust is low-carb, go ahead and add a little extra sugar-laden fruit or cream.

6. Vodka-Infused Pie Crust

Paige Delany

Add a little zing to your dessert with this booze-infused crust. You won't taste the vodka, but you'll definitely notice how much flakier the texture is thanks to the added alcohol, which binds together the fat and flour in the crust without contributing to gluten formation. This crust will be light enough to allow the filling to really shine through.

7. Speculoos Pie Crust

Katherine Baker

I've got a present for all you cookie butter lovers out there. This Speculoos pie crust is made with the very same cookies. The texture of the crust is similar to one made from graham crackers, making it a tasty vehicle for cheesecake or a cream pie. It also just so happens to be vegan.

A delicious, crispy pie crust can really make or break a pie. In a season where you'll be showcasing your best baking skills at various holidays and dinner parties, this list can help you be sure to get it right. Now, time to get creative!

#SpoonTip: For more holiday baking inspiration, check out these 13 pie-inspired recipes.