Raise your hand if you like to bake! If you're anything like me, the hardest decision you could possibly make is deciding which recipe to use. Unfortunately, with so many recipes out there that claim to be the "best" version of what you want to make, it can be hard to choose. Plus, it's so frustrating when you spend all your time, effort and ingredients just to have the final product come out sub-par. Here's a quick round-up of six dessert recipes you have to try. The best part is, they're all some of Philly's best, which means you don't even need to leave the comfort of your home to try them. 

Barbuzzo Salted Caramel Budino

Imagine a chocolate cookie crust that’s layered with a thick salted caramel pudding, then topped with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and a generous sprinkle of cookie crumbs. That’s basically Barbuzzo’s Salted Caramel Budino. Barbuzzo is an upscale Mediterranean restaurant and bar located in the heart of Center City, but if you’re more in the mood for some fancy dessert at home, here’s how you can make it yourself.

Magpie Butterscotch Bourbon Pie

Magpie is the place to go if you’re in the mood for handmade pies. Their pie menu is seasonal, with their current fall menu featuring cozy flavors like Caramel Apple, Pear Ginger, and Chocolate Coffee Cinnamon Pecan. If you’re not in the mood for sweets, you can also order one of their savory pies, like their quiche and chicken pot pie. But, lucky for you, here’s the recipe for their Butterscotch Bourbon Pie, which pairs great with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate on a chilly winter day.

Federal Donuts

It’s about time Fed Donuts released the recipe for their famous donuts! Federal Donuts is brought to you by Michael Solomonov, who’s also the mastermind behind other famous restaurants in Philly, including Zahav. At Fed Donuts, you can expect to find some of the best cake donuts and fried chicken on campus. What’s unique about this place is their “Donut Robot,” which dispenses donut batter to create uniform donuts. No donut machine is required to make this recipe at home, but the donuts will still taste just as delicious.

Max Brenner Dessert Pizza

Max Brenner is home to all chocolate lovers worldwide. No joke, more than half their menu is chocolate, ranging from a chocolate fondue tower to a DIY S’mores kit. If there’s one thing you have to try from Max Brenner, though, it’s the Chocolate Dessert Pizza, which you can learn how to make here. It’s essentially a basic pizza dough topped with chocolate, marshmallows, hazelnut spread, and more chocolate.

Metropolitan Bakery Sour Cherry, Sea Salt, and Dark Chocolate Cookies

Metropolitan Bakery specializes in traditional breads and baked goods. With locations in University City, Rittenhouse, and even Reading Terminal Market, you can count on Metro for serving daily fresh-baked breads, along with cakes, cookies and other delicious pastries. One of their signature cookies, the Sour Cherry, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Cookie, is the perfect combination of sweet, salty and sour, and you can find the recipe for it here.

Sabrina’s Stuffed French Toast

If you’re a Penn student or know someone who goes to Penn, you’ve probably heard of Sabrina’s Cafe as "one of the best brunch places on campus." While you might have to wait at least a few hours for a table, you’ll find insanely delicious brunch dishes on their menu. Their signature breakfast item is their Stuffed Challah French Toast, which includes a blend of cream cheese, bananas, and honey. While this recipe isn’t directly sourced from Sabrina’s kitchen, it comes pretty damn close to the real deal.

Hopefully, this list gives you some inspiration for what to bake the next time you want to experiment in the kitchen. It also lets you taste some of Philly’s best desserts, no matter where you are.